CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Notify group itself

• 1.  Notify group itself

Posted May 13, 2022 06:17 AM

Hi Team,

when a Incident is transferred to a new group I want to notify the members of the group
    and also send a mail to the Address defined for the group.
    How can this be implemented?

Regards
       Baerbel

• 2.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 13, 2022 06:59 AM
    Hi Bärbel,
    For this purpose you can use an activity notification on Transfer (TR) activity, sending the email to the group.
    If the group is configured correctly, it has a valid email address and the notification method for the notification level set to email, than the group will get the notification. Additionally when the members in the group are also configured correctly, notify flag is set to 1 for all members they should get the notification, and the contact record has also a valid email address and the right notification methods, than all so configured users will get the notifications as well.

Thanks, and best regards
    Janos

• 3.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 13, 2022 07:53 AM

Hi Janos,

this is also my understanding, but the group is not notified. Can a notification to the group itself generally be switched off?

Thanks

Baerbel

• 4.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 13, 2022 10:14 AM
    Hi Bärbel.
    Does the members get notified?
    Is the internal flag set for this group?
    If so set NX_ALLOW_INTERNAL_GROUP_NOTIFY to "yes"

...Michael

• 5.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 13, 2022 10:51 AM

Hi Michael,
    the members get notified.
    What do you mean by "internal flag"?

Thanks
       Baerbel

• 6.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 16, 2022 02:07 AM
    Hi Bärbel,

As far as I remember, it was some problem with the group notifications, which has been solved in a SP.
    Which SP do you have?
    I'll check it later. Most probably I'l find the right detalis.

Thanks and best regards 
    Janos

• 7.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 16, 2022 02:16 AM

Hi Janos, 
    it is version  17.0.3

Thanks!
       Baerbel

• 8.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 16, 2022 07:55 AM
    Hi Bärbel.
    Sorry, my comment was eventually misleading. I saw some logic , related to an "internal" flag, and initially thought this is related to the "group to notify".
    But it is obviously not !  But to the "Internal" checkbox of the actvity dialog.
    That said, please check as well, if your notification is based on an activity type which has its internal flag set.
    However, it might not  be related to your actual issue.

...Michael

• 9.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 16, 2022 03:22 PM
    Hi Bärbel,
    Sorry I couldn't check it before, I found my group notification problem at that time, but it's already very old. 
    Even though it's old it still seems up to date, and Michael was right about the internal flag in activity notification and the variable in NX.env.
    I have now tested it with a group in which I have members with notification flag=1 and a valid email address, and the group also has a valid email address.
    I defined the manual notification activity as internal and I sent the manual notification to the group.
    Without the variable @NX_ALLOW_INTERNAL_GROUP_NOTIFY=yes only the members get the notification, if the variable is defined the group gets it too. 
    I also found the corresponding knowledge document which is also valid for 17.0.
    SDM: Group Notifies to its direct email address are not being sent for activity notifications where the 'Internal' flag is checked.
    Broadcom remove preview
    SDM: Group Notifies to its direct email address are not being sent for activity notifications where the 'Internal' flag is checked.
    SUPPORT AUTOMATION- SERVER CA Service Desk Manager - Unified Self Service CA Service Desk Manager Issue/Introduction If an activity notification, such as an Initial notify that is sent when the ticket is created, has been marked as internal, the notifications associated with it are not sent to the Group email address.
    View this on Broadcom >

How you can install the variable also for template is in the knowledge document. 
    Please check if the transfer activity is defined as internal?
    If so please set the variable and after restarting the SDM service it should work.
    Best regards
    Janos

• 10.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 18, 2022 02:19 AM

Hi Janos, Michael,

thank you for your help, it solved my problem.

First, I did uncheck the internal flag for the transfer activity and a mail was send to the address specified for the group,
    for a second transfer activity I left the internal flag checked and the mail wasn't sent to the group.
    Then I installed the Option @NX_ALLOW_INTERNAL_GROUP_NOTIFY=yes and in a third transfer activity I also left the internal flag checked, the mail was sent to the group as expected.

Thanks a lot!
       Baerbel

• 11.  RE: Notify group itself

Posted May 18, 2022 02:33 AM
    Hi Bärbel,
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it worked.
    Best regards
    Janos