CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SDM 17.3 - upgrade only DB

Posted Sep 08, 2020 04:59 AM
    Team,
    is possible to upgrade only the MDB without the SDM application itself? I think it was possible in the old releases, but I don't think I can do it using the upgrade wizzard.

I have the production SDM r12.9 which I successfully migrated to r17.3 on a swingbox server. Now I would like just to update the 17.3 database with the latest 12.9 production data. The idea was to upgrade only the current 12.9 MDB database to 17.3 and restore it on the current 17.3 server.

Is this somehow possible? I've found the setupmdb.bat which seems to be the way, but I'm not sure if it's save and how to run it..

Thank you,
    Jakub

• 2.  RE: CA SDM 17.3 - upgrade only DB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2020 07:11 AM
    Hi Jakub,

Any reason you are not doing the SWING Box method as documented on the below URL?

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3/upgrading/upgrade-to-ca-service-management-17-3/upgrading-to-ca-service-desk-manager-17-3/use-the-swing-box-method-to-upgrade-to-ca-sdm-17-3.html

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CA SDM 17.3 - upgrade only DB

Posted Sep 08, 2020 08:23 AM
    Hi Brian,
    I followed the DOC for the first time, but now I just need to update the DB with new production data. Unfortunately, I lost the snapshot of the vanilla CA SM installation and I would like to avoid another complete SDM, SC and USS 12.9 installation and the whole application upgrade process which is not necessary - I only need to upgrade the MDB. 

Thank you,
    Jakub