CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to make catalog filter cis by user in a form of ca service catalog

Posted Dec 06, 2019 05:41 PM
    Good afternoon

Dear Community

There is a requirement to make a form filtering Ci´s associated to the user that raises the requirement something similar as does service desk, is this possible? how would I have to tie up the problem

Cheers

• 2.  RE: how to make catalog filter cis by user in a form of ca service catalog

Posted Dec 07, 2019 02:45 PM
    If you know how to make Report Data Objects in Service Catalog then here is the foundation for a query to list all the CIs directly related to a contact:
    SELECT own_resource_uuid
    , resource_name
    FROM ca_owned_resource
    JOIN usp_lrel_cenv_cntref ON usp_lrel_cenv_cntref.nr = ca_owned_resource.own_resource_uuid
    JOIN ca_contact ON ca_contact.contact_uuid = usp_lrel_cenv_cntref.cnt
    WHERE userid = 'lnestabrooks'
    ​
    Cheers

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: how to make catalog filter cis by user in a form of ca service catalog

Posted Dec 10, 2019 12:51 PM
    Dear Lindsay, thanks it has helped me a lot, if I have handled objects in the service catalog, I only have doubts how I could do in the form the ci´s associated to the connected user, that is to say that it is not fixed and take it in automatic, Would I have to invoke this from the script?

• 4.  RE: how to make catalog filter cis by user in a form of ca service catalog
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2019 12:38 PM
    replace 'lnestabrooks' by '%USER_ID%'.

Catalog will substitute %USER_ID% by the actual userid of the logged in user when the report queyr will run

• 5.  RE: how to make catalog filter cis by user in a form of ca service catalog

Posted Dec 12, 2019 01:27 PM
    Dear pier, thank you very much it was very useful is ready