CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Live Assistance Analyst Issue !!

Posted Sep 05, 2019 02:17 AM
    Greetings,

I am an Analyst and using Live Assistance i can chat and take remote control of EMPLOYEE but i cannot chat or take remote control of an Analyst.
    why is that? can anyone please guide me how can i assist an "Analyst"

• 2.  RE: Live Assistance Analyst Issue !!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 08:13 AM
    If you specify an Analyst user as an Affected End User in a ticket, the Analyst specified as the Affected End User can join the Live Assistance session as an end user. 
    Please ensure that the role specified to the user has SA Access. You can check the SA Access setting on 'Additional Information' > 'Authorization' on the Role Detail screen.

------------------------------
    Paul Coccimiglio
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Live Assistance Analyst Issue !!

Posted Sep 05, 2019 08:28 AM
    Hello Paul, Thank you for replying, I have done all the above but it gives me error.
    please find the attachments of Role Detail Screen and the error appears when i open the link from email.

• 4.  RE: Live Assistance Analyst Issue !!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 08:42 AM
    What version of SDM do you have installed?

Please open a Support Case so that your SDM configuration can be analyzed in more detail.

Paul Coccimiglio
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Live Assistance Analyst Issue !!
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 10:52 AM
    By default only one Support Automation Access Level is assigned to each Role. An Analyst based Role can only access Support Automation as an Analyst, and Employee based Roles can access Support Automation with an End User access.

If you'd like an Analyst to act as an End User, they will need to change their Role to an "Employee" Role, and then access Support Automation. If they are accessing Support Automation through an email notification they would first need to log into Service Desk, change their role to "Employee", log out, and then click the url in the email.

• 6.  RE: Live Assistance Analyst Issue !!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 11:06 AM
    Thanks @Alexander Perretti for sharing your expertise!​

Paul Coccimiglio
    Broadcom Inc.