CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Posted Oct 23, 2019 12:01 PM
    ​Dear Community.

I ask for your support to know how to configure the service catalog so that each service request can raise a request in the service desk, the service to raise incidents is already installed and integrated in the service desk, but I do not find in documentation something that speaks of them.

The purpose is that every time a user of the catalog requests a service, this request will be raised at the service desk for their attention.

Regards

• 2.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 12:29 PM
    Hello José, 

OOTB Catalog will trigger a Java Action to create a SDM ticket if the Category is Service Management Content and Status is Pending Fulfillment. See

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/installing/ca-service-management-solution-integration/ca-service-desk-manager-and-ca-service-catalog.html#concept.dita_a633da0f88e3f4ac121a65df101df339eef78e60_HowtoHandleEnabledRulesDefinedintheEventRuleActionPage

Please ensure the Create Incident rule is enabled under  "Category is Service Management Content and Status is Pending Fulfillment" and the integration between Catalog and SDM is working OK. To ensure this you need to go to Administration > configuration > CA Service Desk. If any error, please check:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-ca-service-catalog/integration-issues/ca-service-catalog-integration-fails-if-pki-is-enabled.html

Hope this helps.
    Let me know if any questions.
    Regards, 
    Pablo

------------------------------
    Senior Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Posted Oct 23, 2019 03:32 PM
    I have doubts about what you comment and it comes in the documentation

I have ca service desk and ca catalog integrated, doing tests I can raise tickets and requests through what comes from "report an issue" that comes predefined, this works if it raises an incident and also raises the request in ca service desk (I had to configure " content configuration - SDM incident configuration change parameter I to R ") I do not understand how I can do so that any service that I believe will do the same to raise a request to service desk

• 4.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 03:52 PM
    Hi José, 

I understand you want to create a SDM ticket with a different service, not only with "report an issue". Is this correct? Assuming this is correct:

As you can see when opening "When Category is Service Management Content and Status is Pending Fulfillment", there is an action named "Create Incident". this action will be triggered when the following filter is achieved: 

status_old >= 800 AND status_old <= 999 AND status = 1000 AND rate_item_col = 0 AND category = 1001

status 1000 = Pending Fulfillment
    category 1001 = Service Management Content

So you would need for the new service offering to achieve the Pending Fulfillment status and to use the Service Management Content category. This will make for Catalog to trigger the Create Incident java action under "When Category is Service Management Content and Status is Pending Fulfillment" and create the ticket (through WebServices)

The other option is for you to create/modify a rule/action, taking "When Category is Service Management Content and Status is Pending Fulfillment" as an example, to trigger the action using a different status and/or category.

Hope this helps.
    Regards, 
    Pablo 

Senior Support Engineer

• 5.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Posted Oct 23, 2019 05:48 PM
    Dear Pablo, thank you for your attention, I have a service that already reaches the Pending Fulfillment state annex screens of what is configured for what you comment should already create the request in the SDM? or what would I consider?

• 6.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 09:19 AM
    José, 

In the last image attached, please select impresoras > Go to definition tab  > click on edit service option. What is the category selected? It should be "Service Management Content"

If this is correct, then check the view.log from Catalog and sdtlog from SDM for any error. SDM needs some fields to create the ticket and if the information is not passed through the form, it won't create the ticket. You can take the Report an issue service offering the form associated to that offering as an example, where passes the information using ca_sdm_attr_* fields.

Hope this helps.
    Regards, 
    PAblo

Senior Support Engineer

• 7.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Posted Oct 24, 2019 12:09 PM
    ​Dear Pablo, thanks for your support I have managed to generate the request ticket by referring to the class in the filter take the values ​​that come out of the file "D: \ CA \ CASC \ ServiceCatalog \ view \ webapps \ usm \ locale \ icusen \ billing "named" category.xml "take the value of the class you wanted, and copy the rule" When Category is Service Management Content and Status is Pending Fulfillment "and modifying it with the class you wanted
    status_old> = 800 AND status_old <= 999 AND status = 1000 AND rate_item_col = 0 AND category = 2, with this when the request reaches "Pending Fulfillment" the application opens in ca service desk.

but how could I configure it to update what it does in ca service desk towards ca service catalog, perform a test and when I close the request in ca service desk it does not close it in ca service catalog I would like it to be updated automatically as in the incident tickets
    also how could I do to send more fields to ca service desk in addition to what comes by default?

Thanks again for your support, I learned a lot with your help

annex evidence of what is configured

• 8.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 12:28 PM
    Hi José,

I understand the original issue has been solved so you should create a new discussion for new topics.

The integration from Catalog to SDM is different than from SDM to Catalog. For the integration from SDM to Catalog, see:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/14-1/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-ca-service-management/integrate-ca-service-catalog-with-ca-service-desk-manager-manually/step-4-synchronize-notes-and-attachments.html

Regards, 
    Pablo

Senior Support Engineer

• 9.  RE: How to configure ca service catalog to create request in ca service desk

Posted Nov 05, 2019 02:58 PM
    Edited by Douglas Molina Nov 11, 2019 04:58 PM
    For this part

but how could I configure it to update what it does in ca service desk towards ca service catalog, perform a test and when I close the request in ca service desk it does not close it in ca service catalog I would like it to be updated automatically as in the incident tickets

also how could I do to send more fields to ca service desk in addition to what comes by default?

To close any ticket in Service Catalog when an analyst close the ticket in SDM, the analyst in CA Service Catalog need have the Request Manager Rol in

Adminsitration --> Users -->

Search the user and put Request Manager in User Configuration: