CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I make the Assignee field required on certain tasks in a Change Order's workflow?

• 1.  How can I make the Assignee field required on certain tasks in a Change Order's workflow?

Posted Mar 12, 2019 09:17 AM

We are being asked if we can make it mandatory for an assignee to be included when a task is created on a change order.  Since we have some tasks that will never have assignees due to the nature of their inclusion in our change approval process, I know I can't make this mandatory throughout the workflow.  My first thought was to make it required on the insert_wf.htmpl form to force one to be provided.  I am unsure exactly how to make the field required since the form does not follow the same format as "detail_in" or "list_in".

It is also possible that once the task is created a user could modify the task "in list" to remove the assignee.

What are some solutions to this?

• 2.  Re: How can I make the Assignee field required on certain tasks in a Change Order's workflow?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 10:47 AM

Hi Richard,

Please reference the doc below, it notes making Group as required, but should work the same for Assignee:

How to make Group as a required field on the Inser - CA Knowledge 

Thanks,

Scott