CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Base theme for CA Service Catalog 17

Posted Mar 26, 2019 12:12 PM

Hi, is there a theme provided with the product wich uses a modern aproach to layout the site? I mean one that dosen't use tables to layout it. Just trying to customize the site catalog as pointed on the documentation site (like the login page) Modify the Login Page - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Maybe there are more themes options?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Base theme for CA Service Catalog 17

Posted Mar 27, 2019 02:32 AM

Hello Juan,

I'm not aware of different Themes being available out of the box.

How to modify Themes is covered here:

Modify the Theme - CA Service Management - 17.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Not sure what you are hoping for with " I mean one that dosen't use tables to layout it."

You can alter the styling how you want, but I'm guessing tables are still going to be a big part of it, just because of the nature of the product history.

Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Base theme for CA Service Catalog 17

Posted Mar 27, 2019 09:13 AM

Hi Kyle, Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I'm modifyng the theme as you suggest.

Well, nothing to do, I understand the product history, it will be awesome if maybe there is a new aproach for later versions when the base theme use <div> instead of tables to layout the structure of the site, nothing to say if it uses a css framework, not suggesting to use bulma css (which uses flexbox), but at least an old version of bootstrap (3.x) will be easier in terms of redeability, compatibility and maintenance. I understand it is a time consuming task to change all the template structure, but +1 that it worths.

Have a nice day !

• 4.  Re: Base theme for CA Service Catalog 17
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 27, 2019 08:24 PM

Thanks for the additional details. That type of information really helps to understand the types of requirements that live sites have.

You could raise this as an Idea if you wish (under Pencil icon at top right or screen) as this is one of the channels for enhancement suggestions. 

Otherwise I'm afraid that the Devs. won't see the suggestion buried down here in a comment line. Put a link in this thread if you do.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: Base theme for CA Service Catalog 17

Posted Mar 27, 2019 10:30 PM

Thanks Kyle, the idea has been posted Re structure the base theme for CA Service Catalog 

Let me know if it is clear enough, have a nice day !