CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Ca service management search server not working

Posted Jun 11, 2018 12:57 PM
      |   view attached

I´m working with the CA Service Desk 17, and I´m having the following issue when I tried to start the "CA service management search server" service. After I start this service, just a few minutes later the service goes down. Any idea why is this happenning, and how it can be resolved?

I attached the logs.

Thanks for your help,

Alexis Rubio.

Attachment(s)

zip
    log_xflowss.zip   2.23 MB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Ca service management search server not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2018 01:40 PM

Alexis,

Can you gather the logs from C:\Program Files\CA\SC\SearchServer\elasticsearch-2.1.1\logs as well? The directory may be different based on where the Search Server was installed.

• 3.  Re: Ca service management search server not working

Posted Jun 12, 2018 12:17 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Alexander,

First of all thanks for your attention, I attached the logs that you requested.

Attachment(s)

zip
    logs_SearchServer.zip   63 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: Ca service management search server not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:00 PM

I see errors in the log, but to be honest I'm not familiar with them, nor do they give a clear indication of the problem.

I think you may want to open a Support case for deeper investigation of the environment and the install, perhaps something failed during the installation process.

• 5.  Re: Ca service management search server not working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2018 09:38 AM

Hi Jorge,

I reviewed the searchserver-stdout.log file and noted an error message  i.e.

[2018-03-02 12:36:18,189][WARN ][bootstrap                ] unable to install syscall filter: syscall filtering not supported for OS: 'Windows Server 2012 R2'. Could you confirm what version of OS are you using for implementing this application?

Have you set minimum_master_nodes to the correct value (2 if you have 3 master eligible nodes)?

Below some messages in the ca_es_cluster.log.*

[2017-09-26 11:31:35,288][INFO ][cluster.service          ] [CASDM_DAYSET] new_master {CASDM_DAYSET}{2funhFfLTJaqua216folbQ}{192.168.2.7}{CASDM_DAYSET/192.168.2.7:9300}, reason: zen-disco-join(elected_as_master, [0] joins received)

• 6.  Re: Ca service management search server not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 04:32 PM

Alexis_rubio 

Have you had a chance to review the information provided by Maheshwar_Kusuma a few days ago?

If so, was it helpful in addressing the issue with the Search Server?

• 7.  Re: Ca service management search server not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 03:59 PM

Alexis_rubio 

Have you had a chance to review the information provided by Maheshwar_Kusuma a few days ago? If so, was it helpful in addressing the issue with the Search Server?