First of all, this is the firts time that i have to install so many components of CA Service Management, so I'm sorry if I say something that does not make sense.
This environment already had these components previously installed, integrated and in perfect operation, for contractual reasons the old company left and left only the file mdb.bak for restoration in the new environment.
My difficulty is to install all these components again and restore the database to each of the CA components.
At the first time time, after resolve the error with ca service desk manager configuration step (CA Service Management Installation Error ), I was able to install the applications normally, restore the database in SQL, reconfigure the application (pdm_configure) and then I was able to access the data and see all existing data as well as all the SDM tickets and old data from the CA Service Catalog.
Continuing with the configuration steps of the other solutions I made an attempt to configure CA Process Automation (I regret it) and ended up directing the configuration to the CA SDM database (do not ask me how ...) and once the configuration was completed, all the data from the SDM and the Catalog had been corrupted.
Story summary: I've been trying to reinstall the components for at least three days to get to the first step I've got, SDM, EEM, Catalog, and USS running fine and with the old data available.
In my attempts several errors end up occurring, since errors with the installation of CA Service Catalog:
To erros with SDM configuration:
At this point I was able to access the mdb backup when I was able to install without errors (also without restoring the database).
While writing this topic I was able to install SDM, Catalog, USS and restore the MDB pointing to the new server without several erros, but I still can´t access the CA Service Catalog with the servicedesk user:
I wonder if you've ever faced a similar situation or if you could give me some guidance or best practice to get install all these components also restoring the old data.
Many thanx to all and sorry for the giant question!
Just to compliment, the old company did not leave the servicedesk user password, so I had to change this password (password that was being used for product integration) and reconfigure the whole environment with it.
Which process you followed for the move? You have to follow the process documented here, or else the auto integration task will not function properly:
It's very possible that I did something wrong!
First of all I installed CA EEM, then the CA Service Management components package (except CA Process Automation):
* CA Service Desk Manager* CA Unified - Self-Service* CA Service Catalog* Configure Common Components (only integration with CA EEM).
After installing all the applications I returned to SQL Server and detached the mdb created in the installation of the applications, then restored the database left by the old company and executed the SQL commands to change the passwords of users mdbadmin and servicedesk, as well as modify the Value of local_host in the usp_servers table.
After that I returned to the Service Management server and executed the pdm_configure command, using the newly changed passwords and not checking the option to not load default data.
The installation works fine in two of the times I made the settings, in the first one I was able to access SDM, EEM and Catalog without major problems using the servicedesk user with the new password, but this last time an error occurred in the step of integrating products and things are not good now!
When I access the ca service catalog it appears to me this way:
And when I try to see what happens when trying to install the solutions again this screen appears informing that the product installation failed, informing the hostname of the old servers:
I do not know if this would help in any way, but this is the old architecture of the solutions:
This is exactly the problem that one could avoid by following the steps documented on the link that Provided in my previous update
So, what do you think I should do?
Uninstall everything and start by following the steps of the link?
If it's a test run and you don't have the backup of the original database that you just wiped off by the restore process, then yea, I'd suggest a start over.
I followed the steps contained in the document that you indicated and I was finally able to install CA SDM and Catalog with all old data.
The problem was the new attempt I made to install CA Process Automation once again.
I dont know if there is a connection, but when I get to the configuration step of CA PAM with EEM (according to CA document in this link: Knowledge Base Articles ), the CA Service Catalog has lost all the layout settings.
I really cant understand the connection (if any) of the CA Process Automatioon configuration with the EEM messing up the entire CA Service Catalog layout.
The fact is, I'm uninstalling all previously installed components again, and I'll re-install all of them, leaving PAM to another time when I can build a lab and perform various configuration tests.
For contractual reasons I need to deliver this new environment migrated until tomorrow!
At the first installation (before the PAM installation attempt):
After completing the PAM configuration step with the EEM:
I'm installing everything again!!
I have the original database backup, I just do not have the passwords of admin users contained in the MDB like servicedesk, mdbadmin ... so I had to reset the passwords and follow the process mentioned above.
Anyway I am uninstalling the products and I will start a new installation following the steps of the link, after they have all installed, especially CA Service Desk Manager and CA Service Catalog, I will restore the mdb and see if I can access the old data in the new environment.