CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  USS Data Source ERROR : Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL

Posted Sep 20, 2017 06:45 AM

Hi Team,

we are seeing error in uss data source while accessing CASD 

error : "The system was unable to log you in. Please make sure the provided credentials are right.
    Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL."

version : 14.1 for both casd and ca uss

i have created new web policy to check if that works but still we are seeing same issue 

below are the error captured in stdlog file :

"14788 ERROR sda.cpp 2384 Login policy is not found
     14788 ERROR sda.cpp 2384 Error - invalid login policy"

• 2.  Re: USS Data Source ERROR : Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 06:53 AM

Hi Kunal,

Not sure what URL was used in the datasource, but can you use the same URL + same credentials to login to the SDM application?

Next, Are you sure that the RESTful web services is configured in this case?

Can you upload some screenshot of the Datasource and the policy certificate details too.

• 3.  Re: USS Data Source ERROR : Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL

Posted Sep 21, 2017 02:27 AM

url : http://DEN-SDMAP1-DEV:8080/ 

WSDL URL : /axis/services/USD_R11_WebService?wsdl

• 4.  Re: USS Data Source ERROR : Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 09:25 AM

Thank you Kunal.

Please do check my previous post, as the problem here is with CASM_POLICY1    Policy in SDM.  SDM's not recognizing it yet.

_R

• 5.  Re: USS Data Source ERROR : Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL

Posted Sep 22, 2017 04:58 AM

even when i using the old policy  CASM_POLICY it give me same error 

• 6.  Re: USS Data Source ERROR : Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2017 09:56 AM

I don't think its the matter of using old policy versus new, but using a Valid policy.

If you have generated a new policy in SDM called CASM_POLICY1,   make sure the Allow Impersonate option on that policy to be ON.   the pdm_pki tool would have created a file called CASM_POLICY1.p12.    Lets see if you restart SDM now and then try to use this CASM_POLICY1.p12  file in the USS's datasource section for SDM.

How to Configure CA SDM Data Source - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

_R

• 7.  Re: USS Data Source ERROR : Error connecting to ServiceDesk Manager REST URL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2017 11:08 AM

Kunal,

The reason why the failure is happening is that the SDM (SOAP) Web Services Policy file referred to is invalid in SDM.

Check this page, it walks you through step-by-step on how to enable SDM datasource in USS - How to Configure CA SDM Data Source - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

_R