CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Trouble running Support Automation Task Editor on Win Server 2012 R2 - HttpPushClose

Posted May 28, 2018 10:59 AM

Hi everyone:

We are using release 14.1 in Windows Server 2012 R2.  This is our test environment, where I'm setting up the Support Automation features.  Everything went fin following the docs, until trying to install the task editor / script writer, locally in the same server.  The installer runs fine but when trying to run the application I get: "The procedure entry point HttpPuschClose could not be located in the dynamic link library C:Windows\System32\urlmon.dll".

I tried compatibility settings, no success.

I used the installer from the SDM DVD image.  

Any idea on how to fix this?

Best regards

• 2.  Re: Trouble running Support Automation Task Editor on Win Server 2012 R2 - HttpPushClose
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2018 12:44 PM

Jorge......

The Support Automation Task Editor was not designed to run on Server Operating Systems.

It needs to be installed on Client Operating Systems (like Windows 7/8/10).

Please refer to the following documentation regarding supported Client Operating Systems with CA Service Desk Manager 14.1:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/release-information/supportability-matrix#SupportabilityMatrix-ClientOperatingSystems

• 3.  Re: Trouble running Support Automation Task Editor on Win Server 2012 R2 - HttpPushClose

Posted May 28, 2018 12:52 PM

Thanks Paul

I'll focus on making it work on my Win 10 machine then.  Having trouble with AD policies not allowing .NET 2.0 to be enabled.  

Hopefully one day this software will be updated to use more recent technology.

Best regards