CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to configure to open 1 or more tickets for each offer

Posted Jul 13, 2017 04:08 PM

Hello! I wanted to know if it is possible to configure how many requests are opened in SDM when we make a request in Catalog. For example:

Offer: New Laptop

Services:    - Laptop Lenovo
                      - Laptop Dell

- Laptop Samsung

In this case it's available the multi selection and i want to create various SDM requests, one for each selection.

Offer: Laptop accesories

Services:   - Battery

- Mouse

- Case

In this case it's available the multi selection and i want to create one SDM request for all the selections.

I'm using the defaults events and rules. Is it possible to configure it? Where?

Best Regards

Sebastian

• 2.  Re: How to configure to open 1 or more tickets for each offer

Posted Jul 14, 2017 01:20 AM

I don't believe this is possible using the out of the box Integration. However, if you have PAM you could create a process that creates two requests, one to each group. 

• 3.  Re: How to configure to open 1 or more tickets for each offer

Posted Jul 14, 2017 09:19 AM

Hi! Thank you!

You mean that by default Catalog will open one SDM request for each item?

• 4.  Re: How to configure to open 1 or more tickets for each offer

Posted Jul 14, 2017 10:46 AM

With the use of PAM and service catalog, in the context of multi-selection in the service, we are able to open several tickets all attached to the request. You can manage each status by option and also validate when the 3-4 tickets are completed. It is ideal to carry out a request with multi-team.

I suggest you start the creation of a simple process with OOTB operators already supplied by CA when integrating with the Catalog and SDM. Quickly you will be able to open tickets in SDM and to get more flexibility.

Once the simple process is functional, it becomes much easier to add features to users (ex: passing form information in SDM, adding note to opening, attachment etc...)

• 5.  Re: How to configure to open 1 or more tickets for each offer

Posted Jul 14, 2017 12:01 PM

I agree with this.  If you're just starting to use PAM keep it simple and try to make your processes re-usable.  We have one master create ticket process that we call from 90% of our Service Catalog offerings, this reduces the time it takes to develop and gives us flexibility to add functionality when it's necessary.

• 6.  Re: How to configure to open 1 or more tickets for each offer

Posted Jul 18, 2017 09:15 AM

Is there a documentation to make my firsts steps with PAM for Catalog?