CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 28, 2017 05:32 PM

I am using java and web services to query for values on the nr object.  I need some of the values from the har_serx object associated with the CI but am having difficulty determining the reference for the appropriate har_serx object.  The fields to retrieve array that I am passing is below.  The id.proc_type is not returning an exception but is also not returning data for that field.  The expected method would be similar to the support contact ID retrieval but I cannot determine which field holds the key to the har_serx object..  Any assistance is most appreciated.

String fieldsToRetrieve[] = {"name","support_contact2_uuid.last_name","product_version","license_number","financial_num","id.proc_type","description","loc_slot"};

After setting up the list I am then using the getListValues method of the usd object like:

returnDocument = usd.getListValues(sessionID, listHandle, startingIndex, startingIndex + rowsToRetrieve -1, fieldsToReturn);

• 2.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 29, 2017 02:04 PM

Try assoc_har_serx.phys_mem for example.

• 3.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 29, 2017 02:32 PM

As I am retrieving data for both ESX and virtual servers I need information from both har_serx and har_virx.  I have tired both assoc_har_serx.proc_type, id.assoc_har_serx.proc_type and assoc_har_virx.proc_type and id.assoc_har_virx.proc_type.  all return the same thing no error but UNKNOWN.

[name, DA93NADC01], [support_contact2_uuid.last_name, SERVER-WINDOWS ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE], [product_version, PRODUCTION], [license_number, SERVER], [financial_num, NA.IPAPER.COM], [id.assoc_har_serx.proc_type, UNKNOWN], [id.assoc_har_virx.proc_type, UNKNOWN], [description, NONE], [loc_slot, A93]]

I get using support_contact2_uuid.last_name as that makes perfect sense as the first is the anchor field for the uuid of the object (cnt) containing the last_name attribute I am interested in.  I cannot figure out the same relationship for the har_serx or har_virx objects.  I am open to more advice on this so please do not give up!

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 29, 2017 02:37 PM

Did you try assoc_har_serx.proc_type rather than id.assoc_har_serx.proc_type?

• 5.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:16 PM

yes, ihave tried both.  I am not familiar with the assoc_ prefix but tried it.  I have tried har_serx.proc_type, id.har_serx.proc_type, own_resource_uuid.har_serx.proctype, resource_class.proc_type........  all return UNKNOWN.  There must be another level of indirection involved but I do not have a map of the object relationships from the har_serx or har_virx objects back to nr.  There is no documentation in the tech reference pdf about har_serx or the har_virx objects except for a cross reference to themselves.  The online version does show the attributes for then and that one represents attributes for Hardwar.Server and one is for Hardwar.Virtual but I cannot seem to tie the nr to them.  Close I think but really need a slight kick start.  I appreciate your continued help!!!

• 6.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:59 PM

The only other thing I can recommend to try is assoc_har_serx[0].proc_type

• 7.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:15 PM

No, that did not work either.  I am surprised that assoc_har_serx. proc_type or assoc_har_serx[0].proc_type just return an UNKNOWN.  I appreciate your help but not there yet.  Maybe there is not a way to query the nr object and also retrieve the hardware extension data in the same: getListValues(sessionID, listHandle, startingIndex, startingIndex + rowsToRetrieve -1, fieldsToReturn); method call.

• 8.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:47 PM

Looks like there may be a defect issue.  We are on 12.something so it may not apply but our CMDB guy found this link for a similar issue in 14.  Just thought I would post it out here for you as you have been very helpful and this looks like you would have solved my problem if this issu e wasn't there.  I will let you know the result.

https://support.ca.com/us/download-center/problem-detail.html?docid=630259&productcd=USRD&problemnbr=3321 

• 9.  Re: Query for hardware characteristics in SDM web services

Posted Nov 29, 2017 05:00 PM

Thanks for sharing. It looks like once you have the appropriate patch then the reference will be assoc_har_serx.0.proc_type