CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Incident Template Search Not Working

Posted Dec 14, 2017 01:48 PM

We have a P2 incident ticket templates (that are active) that was created and here is what is happening when we search for it (all steps have attachments):

1. Create new incident from template don't see them

2. Select Show Filter and just select P2 (no other changes) and search and they come up

3. Go back to Show Filter, remove the P2 (so now back to default), search, and they still show up

4. Close the search window and we have to start this whole process over again

Question: Is there a way to determine if the Create New Incident from Template selected on the File Menu is correctly; providing the correct parameters to the search?

• 2.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working

Posted Dec 14, 2017 02:05 PM

the menu use a function to do that: ahdtop.create_new where the second argument (0 or 1) determine if this need to search for template or not. you may want to start there but if you have no customized the menu there is no reason for this to be wrong.

/J

• 3.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working

Posted Dec 14, 2017 04:31 PM

It is not customized, not sure why the initial search does not work but the other one does after returning it back to the default.

• 4.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2017 04:24 PM

Hi Jessie,
    If you right click on the Incident Template Search page (Change Filter Priority to Empty.PNG), what do you have in the Print Form list_XX.htmpl (list_cr.htmpl or list_in.htmpl)? 
    Do you have that customized list_XX.htmpl?

Regards,

Derek

• 5.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working

Posted Dec 14, 2017 04:38 PM

Thank you for the reply. It is list_cr.htmpl, no customization

• 6.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2017 05:07 PM

I check my 14.1 env. It is list_cr.htmpl for the Incident Template Search page. It should be list_in.htmpl. Does it always fail to show from the initial search in the step 1? 

BTW, does Jerome suggestion help?

• 7.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working

Posted Dec 15, 2017 05:48 AM

Hi Jessie,

If you make any of the status of the P2 templates inactive, do the show up initially? The reason I ask is that generally, one does not expect the status of the templates to be active and I think this assumed OOTB design. 

Any reason you need your P2 templates to remain active status?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 8.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 15, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi Jesse,

Normally if you want list the number of Templates available OTB for a given object (I..e in this case Incident) using search list feature, you need to provide the Template Type: Yes/No and if needed Template : Active/Inactive will help in searching the Template types

• 9.  Re: Incident Template Search Not Working

Posted Dec 15, 2017 11:04 AM

Hi Jessie - did Maheshwar_Kusuma's post help you out here?