CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Mobile Application: Create both Incident & Request supported?

Posted Aug 25, 2017 11:43 PM

Hi,

Environment: CA Service Management r17.0/ conventional configuration

Capability: Only CA SDM ticketing implemented (NO USS, Service Catalog, Asset Manager etc.)

A global retailer would like to roll out CA Service Management mobile application for field end users and analysts world wide.

The end users and analysts should be able to create BOTH Incidents and Requests using mobile application. Is this supported?

As per TEC 1438242 it seems this is possible, BUT I also hear that only 1 type of ticket can be created via mobile application!

As this is a key business requirement, I would appreciate if this can be confirmed so that I can revert to the client with definite reply!

Thanks!

Sandeep

• 2.  Re: Mobile Application: Create both Incident & Request supported?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2017 08:50 AM

Hi Sandeep,

Yes, the users of the mobile app can switch between Request and Incident on the mobile app, however they can only use one at a time as the default.  If they want to switch to the other type, they would just go into preferences in the mobile app on their device, and change the ticket type, then go back and create the ticket with the new type.  For example, lets say User-A wants to create an incident.  User-A goes into preferences in their mobile app and selects "incident" as the default.  Then they create the incident.  Then they want to create a request - so what they do is go back into preferences, change the ticket type default to "request" and then create the request ticket.  Its pretty simple to do so there should be no issues with them being able to do both.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Mobile Application: Create both Incident & Request supported?

Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:09 AM

Thanks for the confirmation Jon.

I have another related query.

As per product documentation "Associate the logged in users for Analyst Queue with the REST Web Service API role"

This applies to access types for analyst users only right? So any analyst with a particular access type logs in to mobile app with the role specified for the REST Web API role?

What role do end users/ employees login to the mobile application with ?

Regards,

Sandeep

• 4.  Re: Mobile Application: Create both Incident & Request supported?

Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:12 AM

Also, as per TEC1020191, "If a CA SDM user has multiple roles, the CA Service Management Mobile App will take the default role for the user/access type."

I am confused. Is it the REST web service role or the default role which determines access when user logs in to the mobile app?

Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Mobile Application: Create both Incident & Request supported?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 05:58 AM

Hi Sandeep,

I hope the below document will help you get you in answering yoru query.

link: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1345373.html

Hope that helps.