CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:48 AM

Hello CA support

Please, help me on this,emails are not generating automatically when i'm creating a ticket,
    while the object contacts are assigned in the notifications.

Awaits your prompt response

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Posted Feb 21, 2018 04:39 AM

Hi Muhtashim,

Please check the following:

1. Is the pdm_mail process in running state when you run pdm_status?

2. Auto Notification setting on the Initial Activity notification is set to Yes?

3. The Mail settings are set correctly?

4. The contacts have correct email address

5. Are there any errors in stadlog relating to pdm_mail? if yes, what are the errors?

6. Are you able to send mail via pdm_mail command?

Hope this helps?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Posted Feb 21, 2018 06:52 AM

all of this options is running fine. but still the problem exists

• 4.  Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:14 AM

One line response for all 6 points? :-(

I suggest you log an official support case for proper investigation...

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  RE: Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Posted Nov 17, 2019 01:19 PM
    Hi,

Did you log a case.  Was your issue resolved.  Just went through an upgrade and the notifications just stopped working.

Regards,
    Yogan

• 6.  Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 02:42 PM

Hello Muhtashim,

I was wondering if you were still experiencing issues with mail notifications? Was a ticket logged for this one?

For the issue itself, can you verify if ANY notifications work, such as manual notify? I also want to check that you are using the "Initial" Activity Notification to generate the mails.

• 7.  Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Posted Mar 08, 2018 01:30 AM

Hello David,

Yes, everything works fine but just when i create a incident ticket then this problem gets occur .Otherwise whether there is a problem ticket or a request ticket or any other ticket all this works fine.Yes manual notify also works well. Just "Initial" notification is not working only with incident ticket.

• 8.  Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm

Posted Mar 08, 2018 03:04 AM

Hi Abdul,

I'm wondering if perhaps you have a Notification Rule with a condition that filters out the ticket notifications based on type?

Mind attaching screen prints of your Initial activity notification settings?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 9.  Re: Emails are not generating automatically when creating a ticket in sdm
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 08:51 AM

Hello Muhtashim,

I would recommend creating a new case to address.  It would be easier to troubleshoot the issue as there are multiple causes for why Initial notification works only for Requests and Problems, but not Incidents.  It may be that the Notification Rule or Notification Template was not configured properly, or that the mail itself is being filtered out by your mail server.