CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SDM and CA ITCM integration

Posted Mar 22, 2017 05:38 PM

Hi,

I have CA SDM 12.9 installed.

I have IT Client Automation 12.8 installed too,  with a diferente base (other MDB, diferent MDB from Service Desk). I would like to know how can I have a link between IC from CA SDM to IC from ITCM? Like a federate base.

I would like to see ifnormaton about IC inventory in a single screen.

Regards,

Nelson

• 2.  Re: CA SDM and CA ITCM integration

Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:29 AM

Hi Nelson,

I believe that we used to have something called "SQL Bridge" which would bridge the data between ITCM and Service Desk, but I dont believe that we still support it as I cannot seem to find much information on it.  The bridge was put in place on the ITCM side so the data would flow into CMDB, however, I dont know if they still support its use.  I would recommend posting this question on the ITCM community so that some folks there can share their experiences with you as well.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM and CA ITCM integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 09:20 AM

• 4.  Re: CA SDM and CA ITCM integration

Posted Mar 26, 2017 02:29 PM

Hi Nelson-Filho

The SQL Bridge is still an option but please be aware that even though it would replicate the discovered assets (ITCM's asset objects) into the MDB they end up in the discovery part of the MDB, not the ownership side of it. Therefore Paul's recommendations (and link to documentation) may be more valuable to you as ITCM will then automatically create the asset/CI object in the MDB when it generates a ticket (incident).

If you want to take a deeper look into the SQL Bridge please refer to Installation of SQL Bridge - CA Client Automation - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation