CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Default initial message template

Posted Nov 01, 2017 02:48 PM

Hello guys;

i have a concern regarding the default initial message template for request, can i duplicate the initial default message template to be used for two different department with different contents?!!

regards;

Mohamed elfahd

• 2.  Re: Deafault initial message template

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:31 PM

Hello,

The best way to accomplish this is to create two notification Rules under the Initial Activity Notification.  Each Notification Rule would apply to a different department to test against and would each have their own Notification Template to base the reply upon.

• 3.  Re: Deafault initial message template

Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:44 PM

Thanks David for your feedback, appreciate if you can share a sample with me

• 4.  Re: Deafault initial message template

Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:47 PM

actually i copied the initial notification for request/inc/prop and changed its name to service desk team and i attached to them a special message template, the challenge here that i need another initial notification for different team with different message template;but when i open new request it uses the default service desk team message template

hope your got the idea here 

• 5.  Re: Default initial message template

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:54 PM

Hello,

The basic idea is that you will need to create a second notification rule.  

Out of box, the Initial Activity Notification comes with a Default Notification Rule, which lacks a condition and will ALWAYS apply to any Initial Activity.

The following tech doc describes the Notification Rules functionality and how to further develop the rules.

What is a Notification Rule and how to create an activity notification using notification rule? 

• 6.  Re: Default initial message template

Posted Nov 01, 2017 05:13 PM

Thanks david let me give it a try tomorow

• 7.  Re: Default initial message template
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 05:13 PM

When you go into the Initial Activity Notification Detail display, you will see there is just one rule listed, the Default Initial Notification Rule.

What is needed here is the creation of new Notification rules.  You would navigate to the Notification Rules listings and choose to "Create New"

In the creation of the Notification Rule for each Department, you will need to fill in two things to make this work specific to the given Department: the Condition and the Message Template.

The condition is basically a Site Defined Condition Macro that would test if the given ticket belongs to the given department. Testing for this varies, from using a field in the ticket that references the Department, or if the affected end user's Department is the testing attribute.

The Message Template is a template you can create anew, and have its field contents copied from the Initial Activity Notification, including any elements unique for the given Department's notification.

After you have defined two sets of Notification Rules, one for each Department, which will in turn have you create a separate condition to test for the given department and a Message Template unique to each Department, you would then add the Rules into the Initial Activity Notification, ie:

Once everything is said and done, you would now have this listed:

Notice there are now three Notification Rules, the Default Rule and the two Department specific entries created.

• 8.  Re: Default initial message template

Posted Nov 02, 2017 08:02 AM

Thanks David-Ng!

@m.fahd  - did the information that David provided give you what you needed?   If so, can you please mark his post as correct.

Thanks!

Jon