CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Limitations in the consult of tickets

• 1.  Limitations in the consult of tickets

Posted Jan 12, 2017 11:29 AM

Hello,

I've a SDM 14.1.02 environment.. An area that has some confidential cases wants the following configuration:

- They we'll like that no one can see their tickets unless you're the end affected user of the case.

That for example i have a ticket number and i'll like to see the content of the case but if im not the end affected user i don't have access to the case.. Is this possible?

Best Regards.

• 2.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 02:39 PM

a DP constraint like "customer = @root.id" in call_req table view? 

• 3.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Posted Jan 13, 2017 10:33 AM

Side note: We would need to add a second clause like "customer=@root.id OR area != xyz" if we only want the one area to be restricted...

• 4.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:40 PM

Wouldn't that mean only the affected end user would be able to work on the ticket?

• 5.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2017 09:16 AM

Yes. if you don't have view to the ticket then you can't work on the ticket.

@Jason Lara, please clarify if this what you wanted. Thanks.

• 6.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Posted Jan 16, 2017 07:34 AM

Hello Chi, What i want is that only the affected end user and the group that works with the ticket can see it.

• 7.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 10:39 AM

you mean

customer=@root.id OR (group.[group]member_list.member IN @root.id)

?

• 8.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Posted Jan 13, 2017 09:10 AM

Jason,

If I understand your question correctly, you want only the group working on the ticket and the Affected End User to be able to view the ticket.  I don't believe that is possible via data partitions as they pertain more to roles/groups and each ticket would require its own unique partition to accomplish the confidentiality you are looking for.

• 9.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Posted Jan 13, 2017 10:00 PM

If you're wanting to have only the members of the group assigned to the ticket and the Affected End User be able to view the ticket, we've done that with data partition constraints.  The below screen print shows the 'view' constraint on the Call_Req table that I have on all of the data partitions except the Administration role (because Admins should be able to see everything).  The constraint includes multiple routing groups that work on tickets that could be considered 'confidential'.

Tammy

• 10.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2017 01:44 PM

Hello,

After doing some tests, in my environment i resolved this using:

((group.last_name <> 'Soporte') AND (customer = @root.id)) or ((group.last_name = 'Soporte') AND (customer = @root.id)) or ((group.last_name <> 'Soporte') AND (customer != @root.id))

• 11.  Re: Limitations in the consult of tickets

Posted Feb 02, 2017 05:05 PM

Seems to me you could simplify like this:

(customer = @root.id) OR ((group.last_name <> 'Soporte') AND (customer != @root.id))