CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 11:47 AM

Has anyone experienced that particular issue using CABI 6.2 (JasperSoft)?

"AHD12033: Unable to process request - your session timed out " error is received when updating CA Business Intelligence… 

That happened for me using CABI 6.2 but couldn't find any settings in DataSource or elsewhere on how to apply a disconnect after each transaction.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:08 PM

Hi Benoit,

That document is not for Jasper but was for BOXI (prior to CABI 6.2).  When you say you got this error using CABI 6.2 can you provide a screenshot or provide more detail on specifically what you were doing with Jasper when you got the error?    Jasper does not integrate with SDM the way that BOXI did, thus this problem would not occur with Jasper (CABI 6.2). 

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:39 PM

Hi Jon,

I know that this document has been made for BOXI, so the solution is probably not the same and that's normal as these are two different softwares. But the problem still happens sometimes in JasperSoft and the only known solution on my side is to restart Jasperserver service.

As of now time has passed and the problem is not occuring so I don't have a screenshot. But everything that bugs is logged into ./jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/logs/jasperserver.log

2017-12-04 11:31:49,023 ERROR errorPage_jsp,http-bio-8443-exec-2:612 - stack trace of exception that redirected to errorPage.jsp
    com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper:
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: java.lang.RuntimeException: exception getting dataset from cache

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [DataDirect][OpenAccess SDK JDBC Driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine]AHD12033:Impossible de traiter la demande : votre session a expiré à 2017/12/04 10:17 après 60 minutes d'inactivité.

Next time that this happens I'll post the screenshot here. If I find a solution I will post it here too as I'm sure I would not be the only one having this problem.

I also got this problem a while ago when using JasperSoft studio.

What I think is that this happens when I log to Jasperserver (or JasperStudio), run queries (ad-hob, reports,etc) and then leave the system so the Jasper session timeout happens and then log back into the system. But that does not happen all the time.

Maybe I need to setup Jasperserver session timeout to 60 minutes so that it could match SDM?

• 4.  Re: CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:45 PM

Yes it could be the timeout.  Are you accessing Jasper through SDM in a custom tab?

• 5.  Re: CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:52 PM

Hi Jon,

No, I use it separately in a different browser window, not in interaction with SDM. What I think is that the account used to access the DataSource still remain logged on even is Jasperserver (ou JasperStudio) session has timed out due to inactivity.

I didn't change any session timeout in Jasperserver configurations files, so Jasper is still using default values for session timeout.

Thanks

• 6.  Re: CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:07 PM

Yes - thats probably true.  It IS an SDM login... 

• 7.  Re: CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:20 PM

That is what I need to figure out, find a way if Jasperserver logoff after a timeout that would logoff SDM account used to access datasource. In CABI (Boxi) that article listed above solved that problem. I'm wondering if there's something similar in JasperSoft. Posting it here would share the solution to everyone.

• 8.  Re: CABI (JasperSoft) and AHD12033

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:30 PM

I dont think there is a way to do that...Jasper doesnt give us control at the data_source level

What you would need to do is timeout a data source connection on the Jasper side... which I dont think can be done.  But what I would do is set the Jasper web timeout to be the same as the SDM timeout - so that the sessions are killed at the same time on both sides.  It wont be exact because a login from the data source to SDM is only done when executing a report - I dont think its doing a logout necessarily.

May just be a limitation of using the custom jdbc driver.