CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to notify Configuration Item (CI) contacts when CI is added or removed from a Change Order?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 04:12 PM

Is there a way to add an Activity Notification that will send an email to the CI's contacts when added to a Change Order and or Request. We have used "Initial" notification for Request tickets to notify CI contacts but since you are unable to attach CI's to changes until after the Change is saved we are looking for a different type of Activity Notification.

• 2.  Re: How to notify Configuration Item (CI) contacts when CI is added or removed from a Change Order?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2017 01:05 AM

Hi,

If you are ok with manually triggering a notification after the CIs have been added then the solution I have documented here may solve your use case.

Create activity notification and link to custom menubar activity 

It involves creating a new menu bar item under activities and associating that activity with a notification rule. You wouldn’t need step 3 in that doc. On that notification rule you can add the object contact for CI Other Contacts. 

• 3.  Re: How to notify Configuration Item (CI) contacts when CI is added or removed from a Change Order?

Posted Dec 26, 2017 02:29 PM

Grant,

Thank you for your response. This is a great option that I will recommend.

However, I was hoping to find a way to create an automated Activity Notification that was triggered when a CI is added to a change, request or incident. I was wondering if anyone had created a similar Notification Rule or if it were possible.

• 4.  Re: How to notify Configuration Item (CI) contacts when CI is added or removed from a Change Order?

Posted Dec 22, 2017 10:04 AM

Hey Matt, 

Did Grant's post address your question? If so, please mark it as correct! 

Thanks,

Brandon Persad