CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Unified Self-service ticket visualization

Posted Jun 03, 2017 11:22 PM

Hello,

We have a client which wants the end user to visualize not only the tickets created by them via USS but also the tickets created by analysts on their name. Has anyone faced something similar with a client? Can something be performed as a work around?

Any recommendations?

• 2.  Re: Unified Self-service ticket visualization

Posted Jun 05, 2017 07:57 AM

Hi Luis, 

When you say "tickets created by analysts on their name" - is the end-user set as the "affected end user" on those tickets that were created by analysts?  If so, then they should be able to see those tickets.  End users should be able to see any tickets where they are the effected end user, but they would not be able to see tickets in which they are NOT the affected end user.  That would require a licensed role, such as an analyst role to be able to see those.

Let us know,
    Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Unified Self-service ticket visualization

Posted Jun 05, 2017 12:22 PM

Hello Jon, thanks for the response.

The affected end user is set to the end user but if i login to Unified Self Service, that user can only see the tickets created by him from USS.

Regards

• 4.  Re: Unified Self-service ticket visualization

Posted Jun 05, 2017 01:10 PM

Hi Luis,  ok - that may be a setting of some sort, or logic that is built into the USS code.  I would recommend that you open a support ticket so one of us can look at it a bit more, and see if this is done by design or if its a setting somewhere in USS.  The logic sounds odd to me, I would think you should be able to see your own tickets where you are the affected end user regardless of which interface they were created in.  I think thats the best way to go here so we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Unified Self-service ticket visualization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 01:41 PM

Hi Luis,

Is it possible that you have Catalog and SDM  enabled in USS  and the "Requests" that you see in USS are just the Catalog requests?

Because when Catalog is enabled, you'll see only Catalog requests in USS directly.

_R

• 6.  Re: Unified Self-service ticket visualization
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 06, 2017 12:37 AM

Hi Luis,

I think what you want is to show all the request from USS and SDM in the USS interface? 

USS

If you click the link marked in the image above you'll get the following view with all the tickets (Incidents and Request) created in SDM for the contact with the same email_address as the end user:

If you don't see the link, you should check the Service Catalog Data Source and set to 'Yes' the 'Service Desk (Tickets) View' option.

Regards!

• 7.  Re: Unified Self-service ticket visualization

Posted Jun 08, 2017 03:07 PM

Thanks a lot InfiniteLoop that is exactly what i was looking for.

Best Regards

• 8.  Re: Unified Self-service ticket visualization

Posted Jun 09, 2017 03:14 PM

Just to be sure. There is no way that those tickets can be visualized in the same view? Without clicking in the link.

Regards