CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Tenat

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:36 PM
    Hello good afternoon,  We have a query, we have an implementation where we are using tenant, for internal clients within the same organization, for example the users of a tenat can be analysts in another tenat, can you tell us the best practice in licensing issues?  Regards,

• 2.  Re: Tenat

Posted Dec 04, 2017 03:44 PM

Hi Gabriel,

The way I usually see people use tenants this way is to create a role for which tenant they are an analyst for and they can use that role to modify tickets in other tenants. For example I am part of Subtenant A which is a subtenant of Parent Tenant and I want to modify Subtenant B which is also a subtenant of Parent Tenant, I would create a role called Subtenant B Analyst and give it read/write permissions for Subtenant B. Now when the user uses that role they can modify subtenant B stuff.

• 3.  Re: Tenat

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:16 PM

Hello Anthony,

Thanks for your answer, but in this case the check "Licensed? = Yes " in the access type or is not necessary.

Regards

• 4.  Re: Tenat

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:23 PM

this depends on what you want that tenant users can do...if you look at this flag, it says "

Unlicensed users can view or update only their personal data

"

and if this is what you want then there is no need to check this "License?" flag.

• 5.  Re: Tenat
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:27 PM

If they are going to be analyst and work on other people's tickets then yes you would need that to be checked.

• 6.  Re: Tenat

Posted Dec 05, 2017 03:18 PM

@Gabriel.M  - did Chi's and Anthony's posts help you here?  Basically if any user needs to see, or edit a ticket that does not belong to them, they will need to be a "licensed" user.

Thanks,

Jon I.