CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Validate uncompleted workflow tasks in Problems when status change to resolve (not close)

• 1.  Validate uncompleted workflow tasks in Problems when status change to resolve (not close)

Posted Sep 20, 2017 02:45 PM

Hi!, is posible to Validate uncompleted workflow tasks in Problems when status changed to resolved (not in close status) ?
    Actually this validation works when you try to change the status to closed (out of the box) is there any way to make this with out customizations?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Validate uncompleted workflow tasks in Problems when status change to resolve (not close)
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2017 03:13 PM

Hi Walter,

I dont think there is a trigger available out of the box to check/validate when going to the resolved status - its not actually driven by status, but rather driven by going to any status that is set to make the ticket "inactive".  For example, if you set the resolved status to make the ticket inactive, then it would trigger that validation.  Its the act of changing a ticket from active to inactive that triggers it.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Validate uncompleted workflow tasks in Problems when status change to resolve (not close)

Posted Sep 25, 2017 02:28 PM

Hi Jon, yes very gladful with you response, I created a new Status for Problems, and I marked it has "make resolved" and "make inactive".

Thanks!!!