CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Why doesn't a new Event Rule Action work on physical source?

Posted Sep 05, 2017 04:05 PM

I'm trying to add a new Event Rule that will trigger on the usm_request_status table.  For now I'm making the criteria ultra simple but will refine it once it's working.  According to the documentation, you can only add new events based on physical sources and those sources are the database tables. 

So here's my Event Type:

Event Type Name: Event Test - LC3
    Event Source: Physical
    Audit Trail Level: Include Multiple Attributes
    Transaction Name: USM_REQUEST_STATUS
    Transaction Type: Added
    Event Type Parameters: $request_id$, $request_status_id$, $status$, $status_old$, $subscription_detail_id$, $user_id$, $all$

It currently has one rule:

Name: When Status for Request Item is set to Cancelled
    Description: Check when the Request Item (Service Option level) status is set to Cancelled through Service Catalog
    Event Filter: status = 4

And I have a PAM action that is tied to it that fires and passes in the details of the database row.

Name: Brett's PAM Cancelling Process
    Description: 
    Type:CA Process Automation
    Timeout: 0

Configuration Name: Default
    Start Request Form: /Service Catalog/SRF/Catalog - Cancel SDM Ticket

Parameters.....

I can see new entries being added to the table but the event doesn't fire.  If I add the same PAM process to the OOTB Request/Subscription Item Change event it fires fine so I know it's not the process or how I set up the action.

In the end the goal is to only fire the PAM process when a Service Option is cancelled by an ID that is not a specific service account once it's reached the fulfillment range.  So I know I'll be adding conditions around the userid and status_old and if I'm pulling it from the the status table as expected, subscription_detail_id not null.

Why doesn't my new rule work?

• 2.  Re: Why doesn't a new Evenr Rule Action work on physical source?

Posted Sep 05, 2017 04:22 PM

Also, BTW, I don't think we can't trigger on the Request/subscription item change event anyway because we have situations where some options are complete and some options are cancelled and that results in the request showing a fulfilled status.  And we don't want to trigger PAM process for all fulfilled requests.  Only cancelled Options.  Hence the new event solution.

• 3.  Re: Why doesn't a new Evenr Rule Action work on physical source?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 02:08 AM

Good Morning Brett.

For the 'Event Type Parameters' you defined:
    $request_id$, $request_status_id$, $status$, $status_old$, $subscription_detail_id$, $user_id$, $all$

Where this should be the name of the columns of the table involved.
    The columns for table usm_request_status are:
    request_status_id,request_id,subscription_detail_id,status,status_date,user_id,status_old,login_device

Please work with these and check for the results.

Thanks and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 4.  Re: Why doesn't a new Event Rule Action work on physical source?

Posted Sep 06, 2017 11:00 AM

Louis,

I added them as they were in the table.  Catalog is adding the dollar signs.  See....

Doesn't work.

• 5.  Re: Why doesn't a new Event Rule Action work on physical source?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 02:21 AM

Good Morning Brett.

When nothing works, then I propose to open a standard case for this.

To get full-service follow-up from the CA Service Catalog Level 1 Support Team.

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Louis.