CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add another Selection on the CA Asset Portfolio Management field

Posted Feb 28, 2017 03:21 AM
      |   view attached

As a CA APM Administrator, I was requested to add another selection in a field in Asset Portfolio Management. When they click the magnifying glass for the Field Searches, they want some selections to be added there.

Can someone help me or give me instructions on how I can be able to add selections for a certain field on Asset Portfolio Management. I know it should be on the configure but could not figure out how.

Sorry I'm new to this tool and could not figure how.

• 2.  Re: How can I be able to add another Selection on the Patch Cycle field of the CA Asset Portfolio Management?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 06:40 AM

Wrong APM group. Moving it to teh correct one. Please note this for future queries!

• 3.  Re: Add another Selection on the CA Asset Portfolio Management field

Posted Mar 01, 2017 03:42 AM

Hi Shirley,

You can achieve this by creating an 'Extended Field\Configuration'. See the below link from the documentation which should help to a certain degree:

Extended Field Configuration - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Kind Regards,

Brian 

• 4.  Re: Add another Selection on the CA Asset Portfolio Management field

Posted Mar 01, 2017 06:28 AM

Hi Brian, 

I already went through that reference guide but tbh I did not quite understand the instructions.

I don't think creating an extended field would help me add another selections.. or if it is can you please give me a simplier guide?

As for the request, there exists a Patch Cycle field in the CA APM (please see image below). 

Users just click the magnifying glass and a pop up window would appear for the list of available Patch Cycle options. 

Now, the requester wants us to add a few options to be included on the below pop up searches.

• 5.  Re: Add another Selection on the CA Asset Portfolio Management field

Posted Mar 01, 2017 02:10 PM

Hi Shirley,

Are you trying to add more records to that list? If yes, then this can be done on the GUI in List Management on the Administration tab.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 6.  Re: Add another Selection on the CA Asset Portfolio Management field

Posted Mar 02, 2017 05:23 AM

Hi Brian, 

Yes, I would like to add some more on the list from the pop up window above. 

Though, I tried to find the List Management and couldn't find it on the Administration tab. Can you tell me from the below screenshot if I have enough privileges?

• 7.  Re: Add another Selection on the CA Asset Portfolio Management field
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2017 08:41 AM

Hi Shirley,

I make a slight mistake in my earlier update. 'List Management' Should be under the 'Directory' tab instead ;-)

Once you are there you should be able to find your way to the object that contains the items you see in the pop-up.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 8.  Re: Add another Selection on the CA Asset Portfolio Management field

Posted Mar 02, 2017 09:12 AM

This is really helpful Bryan! Thank you very much!