CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 02, 2018 07:11 AM

Hello,

There is a requirement to show in Knowledge Tab right window i.e. List_KD.htmpl form (analyst). Whenever user clicks on the knowledge Tab, top 10 articles (High number of Hits) automatically shown.

Is there any option to achieve the same.

Thanks

Mayur

• 2.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 02, 2018 08:53 AM

hi,

I remeber there is hits ordered domset presented out-of-the-box, so you can use it to defire correct sorting order. Search over kt(or kt).maj in bopcfg/majic for HITS to get correct spelling of domset.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 02, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi,

Is there any option whenever Analyst user clicks on knowledge and by default top hits of knowledge articles will be visible in right side without clicking on search or giving any search character.

• 4.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 02, 2018 09:28 AM

You need to modify form's url (somewhere in admin tab > roles > forms) and include search criteria into it.

• 5.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 03, 2018 04:05 AM

Hi ,

Is there any option to change the default order (shown in screenshot) from FAQ Rating to HITS, as of now users has to change the same manually. 

Thanks

Mayur

• 6.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:08 AM

Hi Mayur,

Each user can set the default order in View-->Preferences. You can set this on the Order By dropdown under Knowledge Search Document Settings. 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 7.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:26 AM

Hello Brian,

This only works when users are searching KEDB by clicking Advanced button. But if user clicks on Top and in the right side all kedb articles are shown, configuration in first line does not reflect on this time. By default, it’s showing FAQ’s Rating (like shown in Image).

Thanks & Regards,

Mayur Malhotra | Lead - CASD Admin

CenturyLink Technology Solutions

Mobile: +91-9717-390-808

E-mail: Mayur.Malhotra@CenturyLink.com<mailto:Mayur.Malhotra@CenturyLink.com>

www.centurylink.com<http://www.centurylink.com/>

• 8.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:20 AM

Hi Mayur,

I took a look at the list_kd.htmpl which is the form for that page, but that order by field is not in there.  It appears to be data fed to the CSS for that form, but is hard coded somewhere (not in the CSS or htmpl file itself).  I am not sure this can be changed unfortunately.

Jon I.

• 9.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles

Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:34 AM

Thanks for the update. I will keep trying to find out some solution as it’s a requirement from VIP Customer. Or can we do something like as soon as analyst will click on Knowledge tab, SD will not ask for advanced search or search, instead it should show top 5 or top 10 kedb docs. Then if the user wants to use advanced filter, they can use later.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayur Malhotra | Lead - CASD Admin

• 10.  Re: Adding top 10 (High Hits) Knowledge Articles
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:39 AM

Hi Mayur - out of the box there is no way to do that unfortunately.  That would require a lot of customization to be put in place.