CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  JasperReports Installation

Posted Mar 27, 2017 02:02 PM

When we install the latest patch for our CA environment (Service Desk, Service Catalog, CMDB), will JasperReports be enforced / installed and turned on and the BI Crystal Reports no longer accessible or can we skip the JasperReports installation until a later date when we are ready to switch over?

thank you

Katherine

• 2.  Re: JasperReports Installation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 02:08 PM

Katherine.........

JasperSoft is a separate install that needs to performed manually.

JasperSoft will only work with CA SDM 14.1 CUM#3 patch level.

Refer to the following documentation on how to install and configure JasperSoft for use with CA Service Management - Configure CABI JasperReports® Server r6.2.0 for CA Service Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies D… 

• 3.  Re: JasperReports Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2017 09:40 AM

Katherine.......

Do you have any further questions regarding the use of JasperSoft with CA Service Management 14.1?

• 4.  Re: JasperReports Installation

Posted Mar 28, 2017 04:53 PM

Paul,

Thank you so much for your reply and I will take a look at the document link you listed ... I am good for now.

thank you

Katherine

• 5.  Re: JasperReports Installation

Posted Mar 28, 2017 09:59 AM

Hi Katherine - Paul's answer here is correct.  Jasper is a completely separate install (separate ISO image in fact) and will NOT be installed by default with CP3 for 14.1.  If you already have BOXI integrated with SDM, it will continue to work after CP3 is applied.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.