CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  High Priority Ticket Creation for Certain Roles Only

Posted Apr 24, 2017 10:40 AM

We have a requirement to make High Priority incident creation only available for certain roles to ensure that the incident management process is being followed. I was thinking that a data partition restricting the view of the two priorities needed would be the best since they will be required to update high priority tickets assigned to them through the incident management process. However, I was unable to make this work using the data partitions. The other option that we were going to try was in the form itself using WSP; but those restrictions appear to be universal when you update the WHERE clause. Any ideas would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: High Priority Ticket Creation for Certain Roles Only

Posted Apr 24, 2017 10:46 AM

Hi Jessie,

When you attempted to do this via the data partition, can you describe a bit more about what you attempted to do exactly - what syntax was used, how did you apply it, and what didnt work?   Typically this would work in most cases.

Let us know,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: High Priority Ticket Creation for Certain Roles Only

Posted Apr 24, 2017 12:43 PM

Sorry, just to clarify, I am unable to use priority in the CR table and the SREL it points to in the PRI table is unavailable for selection.

• 4.  Re: High Priority Ticket Creation for Certain Roles Only

Posted Apr 24, 2017 03:52 PM

Hi Jessie - this may be due to the use of priority calculation - its something I would have to play around with.  There may be a different way to "hide" those values from those users via the forms, but its not something I have attempted to do in a long time.  Is there anyone out here on the community who had been able to get this to work?  If so, please share!

Thanks,

Jon I.