CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Web.xml changes (SDM 14.1.02 update)

Posted Sep 21, 2016 02:51 PM

Hi everyone,

We are applying the post-installation steps of SDM 14.1.02 patch (link). In "Mandatory Steps" section, it is requested to edit both web.xml and web.xml.tpl files, and afterwards running pdm_configure. However, after pdm_configure, all changes made in these files are reverted. Anyone who applied this patch, is this the normal behavior?

Additionally, I would like to suggest some clarifications on this document. The steps numbers are incorrect (1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4...), and in "Mandatory Steps" itself, there's no server order in which we have to edit the files and run pdm_configure. Also, the step "8. Restart Tomcat" should be clarified (it is the same of recycling SDM service? Should I perform failover?).

Regards,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: Web.xml changes (SDM 14.1.02 update)
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2016 02:54 PM

Hi Diogo,

What you need to do is edit the web.xml.tpl located in the NX_ROOT\samples\pdmconf directory.  Then make the changes again to the web.xml, and web.xml.tpl in the bopcfg\www\catalina_base\webapps\caisd\web_inf directory.  Then run configure and the changes should stick.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Web.xml changes (SDM 14.1.02 update)

Posted Sep 22, 2016 02:49 PM

Hi Jon,

Indeed this was the solution. I've overlooked the step 9 for some reason. Thank you!

Regards,

Diogo