CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 04:23 AM

    Hi all,

    we've tried to install CA BI 6.3 on this environment

    • OS: Win 2012 R2
    • SDM: SDM 17.0
    • DB: MS SQL 2012
    • bundled Java
    • bundled Tomcat

    CA BI was successfully installed. We created servicemanagement organization and imported reports from "CA Service Desk Manager Reports.zip". But connection to SDM failed (see attachment). We can see only empty error window. When we've tried to run some SDM report java.lang.noclassdeffounderror MalformedInputException has been shown.

    Any advice or same experients?

     

    Thanks
    Lumir

    Attachment(s)



  • 2.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 08:01 AM

    Hi Lumir, 

    I dont see the attachment here... not sure what happened.  Can you share a screenshot of your "SDM_ds" data source from Jasper?  My guess is that its not configured properly which is why it cannot run the reports.  The data source for SDM connects to the object layer of SDM, so it requires a very specific setup.  

    Thanks,

    Jon I.



  • 3.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 08:11 AM

    Hi Jon,

     

    here it is

     

     

     

    Lumir



  • 4.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 09:32 AM

    Lumir,

    When you installed Jasper 6.3, did you use the install media provided by CA or did you attempt to download it directly from Tibco?   My guess is that you may not have the custom jdbc driver (oajc.jar) that is required to connect to the SDM object layer.

    Also is there any additional info in the jasper logs?

    Let us know,

    Thanks,

    Jon



  • 5.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 10:25 AM

    Hi Jon,

     

    we installed Jasper from DVD01095542E_JasperReports_Server provided by CA.

     

    • In installation folder \overlay\CA_SDM\webapps\WEB-INF\lib oajc.jar exists
    • In CABI Tomcat folder \apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\lib\ oajc.jar exists too

     

    This error looks like TEC1860271, but we've english version of Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. TEC describes problems with non-english Windows version.

    I attached installation log file (see above)

     

     

    Thanks

    Lumir



  • 6.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 10:40 AM

    Is your Service Desk install in English or another language?

    Jon



  • 7.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed
    Best Answer

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted 07-10-2017 09:56 AM

    Hi Lumir,

     

    Can you confirm the locale of your Windows and the locale of the install you have done?

     

    Also, how about the Java version and Tomcat versions you have used?

     

    Thx

    _R



  • 8.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 10:58 AM

    Jon_Israel , Raghu.Rudraraju maybe i see a problem. I'm going to change the locale. 



  • 9.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 11:24 AM

    Jon_IsraelRaghu.Rudraraju thanks for your quick support. Windows is in english language, but locale was czech. I changed locale to english and all is ok now.

     

    Thanks and bye

    Lumir



  • 10.  Re: CABI 6.3 and SDM 17.0 - Connection failed

    Posted 07-10-2017 01:31 PM

    Great!  Thats what I thought it was based on what you were saying.  I am glad you got it working

    Thanks,

    Jon I.