CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can I configure 2 or more CA EEM on CA USS

Posted May 18, 2017 04:32 PM

Hi Team!

Actually I have a CA EEM on an failover environment (Process SAML Authentication ) and in SC, SDM an PAM I have configureted 4 CA EEM (failover environment) like this:

Option Manager on SDM

CA EEM on PAM

Now: if the server "colbogser105" crash, all connection from SDM (Connection between SDM Server and CA EEM Server for the authentication)  are redirected to the second server, and if the second server is off##line all connection are redirected to the third server. This Example is the same on PAM.

My Question is, Can i configure 2 or more CA EEM on CA USS using a comman? like server1,server2,server3 

unfortunately today i don't have an environment to try. 

Thank you...

• 2.  Re: Can I configure 2 or more CA EEM on CA USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 05:29 PM

Wicner,

I did a quick test and I saw that, once you add comma separated EEM hostnames in the USS authentication tab for EEM, you needed to do one fresh USS restart.

There after, I am able to work with USS without having to restart USS while EEM is failing over fine behind the scenes.

My tests were with 14.1.02 plus couple of fixes 

_R

• 3.  Re: Can I configure 2 or more CA EEM on CA USS

Posted May 18, 2017 05:53 PM

Hi Raghu!

Thank you for your comment, I understand that it's possible configure 2 or more EEM on USS, and if one server fail the other server can work without problem.

• 4.  Re: Can I configure 2 or more CA EEM on CA USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 05:57 PM

I'd recommend testing this in your env too, to make sure it works per your expectations.

_R