CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Change Order cannot be closed

Posted Jan 18, 2017 01:40 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm working with CA SDM version 12.9, and we've implemented the change order module.

Everything works fine, but when we try to pass a check change command in progress to closed, it shows me the following message.

Closing code: Set whether the duration exceeds the limit of one or more 9999 hours, 99 minutes, 99 seconds in the respective duration fields.

You can help me, because it shows this message, if all the fields have been filled.

My flow is as follows:
    Request for change to
    Open to
    Approval in progress for
    Implementation to
    Resolved to
    Verification in progress for
    Closed

When you change from status Verification in progress to closed, the field closing code is mandatory and when you try to choose an option, the problem is displayed.

I will be very grateful for your help.

Regards,
    Marco Velazquez.

• 2.  Re: Change Order cannot be closed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 03:33 PM

Marco, do you have SDM change module integrated with CA WF? I did a quick search on that 9999 hours...thing it seems to say this comes

from CA WF. If yes, please check to see what the CA WF complains. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Change Order cannot be closed

Posted Jan 20, 2017 02:27 AM

Hi Marco,

In addition, please check if there is an error in the stdlog for this? 

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Change Order cannot be closed

Posted Jan 20, 2017 11:19 AM

Hi,

I'm telling you that we're really working with WF.

The stdlog does not display any errors.

Performing tests, commented that the "Estimated Date" field is read-only, the error is presented.

But when the field is open to edit, the state transition works fine.

Regards,
    Marco Velázquez.

• 5.  Re: Change Order cannot be closed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 12:48 PM

Marco, what attribute is "estimated date"? out of box there is no such an attribute and maybe you mean "est_comp_date"? and from where on

web interface you can see this field? Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: Change Order cannot be closed

Posted Apr 06, 2017 03:01 PM

We have a similar problem with the Parent Change field.  If you attempt to fill out the Parent Change field in certain statuses, you receive the following error message when you remove focus from the Parent Change field: Set duration exceeds one or more of 9999 hours, 99 minutes, 99 seconds limits in the respective duration fields.  Then, the value entered into the Parent Change field is set to 00:12234:00 where 12234 is the Parent Change number that was selected.  It does this for some out of the box statuses and some custom statuses.  The role used doesn't matter.  It will also do this if you have successfully selected the Parent Change in a previous status, but you tab out of the field with no changes made to the value.  We're on 14.1.02.

• 7.  Re: Change Order cannot be closed

Posted Apr 10, 2017 01:56 PM

I re-applied all of the customization to the detail_chg.htmpl and found that the following code was causing our error:

<PDM_IF "$args.status" == "APP">
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="CAB Approval" attr="cab_approval">
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="CAB Approval" attr="cab_approval">
    </PDM_IF>

After removing this code, the error message stopped.  Maybe you have similar code somewhere in the detail_chg.htmpl?