CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  One contract with multiple items with different fees per month

Posted May 24, 2017 03:28 PM

Hi,

I'm new to BSI and I'm configuring a big internet contract with many links (over 200), each one with its own fee per month. All the links have the same metrics (availability, latency and packet loss), but contractual penalties are calculated individually for each link and the price is based on the link's fee, not the full contract's fee.

I really wouldn't like to create a new contract in BSI for each link, but so far I haven't found another way to configure this.

Does anyone know a good way to do this?

Thanks,

Caleb

• 2.  Re: One contract with multiple items with different fees per month

Posted May 29, 2017 03:12 AM

Hello Caleb

If you are going to use one contract for all links - then by using parameters (static or dynamic) you can define the metrics and the credits could form a part of that parameters

Mohit

• 3.  Re: One contract with multiple items with different fees per month

Posted May 30, 2017 12:20 PM

Hi Mohit,

I'll try your suggestion. Thanks!

Caleb

• 4.  Re: One contract with multiple items with different fees per month

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2017 08:05 AM

Hi,

It sounds that clustering could be a solution for you. Treat the links as resources. Resources have their own lifecycle so you can add, remove and change links without changing the contract. Individual inforamtion on links (eg fees, ...) can be stored in custom attributes at resource level. Management of the resources/links can then be automated by using integration/translation scripts.

regards,

Koen