CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  What is causing this error: Unable to determine whether attribute (...)

Posted Sep 02, 2016 06:44 AM

Hello, good morning!

I was searching about this error message and i wasn't able to found any relevant help.

On a customer's environment, we have the stdlog files flooded with messages like:

09/02 12:37:08.55 (SERVER NAME) domsrvr:21 4904 ERROR sec_mgr.c 1940 Unable to determine whether attribute "cr.None" is SERVICE_PROVIDER_ELIGIBLE - attribute None is not an SREL in Factory cr
    09/02 12:37:09.57 (SERVER NAME) domsrvr:21 4904 ERROR sec_mgr.c 1940 Unable to determine whether attribute "KD.None" is SERVICE_PROVIDER_ELIGIBLE - attribute None is not an SREL in Factory KD

I'm wondering, what can be causing this.

any info?

(we're running on SDM 12.7)

Greetings

Ivo

• 2.  Re: What is causing this error: Unable to determine whether attribute (...)

Posted Sep 02, 2016 08:11 AM

Hi Ivo,

For something like this, unfortunately, although it would be best to open a support case to have an engineer look into this with you as it may require a bit of code review to see what the function is actually looking for that is not there, because this is a 12.7 environment, and is no longer supported, this wont be possible.  What I would say to do is to think about the following:

- when did this first start happening?  has it always occurred or is it a newly noticed thing?

- does it seem to occur when certain actions are taken?

- have there been any patches applied or configuration changes made to the product recently?  (multi-tenancy?) (cmdb changes? - were CIs loaded in some way?)

Now depending on how often the message is noted in the logs, you can try to run a trace on the file for which this message is coming from which is sec_mgr.c - so you would run "pdm_logstat -f sec_mgr.c VERBOSE" which would log all messages of all types for that file - so this may allow you to see a bit more info about what the function is doing at that time.  To turn the logging off run the same command, just take out the VERBOSE at the end.   KEEP IN MIND that you do not want to leave that tracing on for an extended period of time as it could hurt performance, as well as cause the logs to overwrite very quickly.  So you will first want to look at how often its happening, and try to plan around that.

Hope this helps,

Jon

• 3.  Re: What is causing this error: Unable to determine whether attribute (...)

Posted Sep 02, 2016 01:52 PM

Hi Ivo,

It looks like you might have created a custom attribute in Schema Designer that is an SREL but, have not set what it SRELs to. I would check your schema designer to see if this is the case.

Alternatively the following query should give you it as well. Run the following query against your mdb:

SELECT * FROM wspcol WHERE type=3

This will give you all custom columns that are SRELs. If you look at the xrel_table column, it should be filled out. You might either have SRELs, where that is empty or perhaps says "None" If you do see empty ones or ones that say "None" you will have to fix those. I don't believe you will be able to edit those in Schema Designer so you would have to remove it and readd it properly.

If all of those have an xrel_table defined, I would try and check if maybe your customizations are causing it by removing your site/mods folder and restarting SDM.

-Anthony Lee

• 4.  Re: What is causing this error: Unable to determine whether attribute (...)

Posted Sep 05, 2016 04:49 AM

Hello, Good Morning!

I've run the command you suggest, and checked all the lines from xrel_table column: they're all filled with values. 

Is possible that some call (most probably from WebServices) is being done with value "none" at some point?

I mean, in this eventual scenario, the log message information would be the same?

• 5.  Re: What is causing this error: Unable to determine whether attribute (...)

Posted Sep 12, 2016 03:50 PM

I am not sure if that could be the case. Can you try editing a Request and seeing if you see the error. Perhaps there is a field that is not defined? You would have to use WSP to remove the field.

• 6.  Re: What is causing this error: Unable to determine whether attribute (...)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 05:41 PM

Ivo, if you can post more from stdlog guys may be able to suggest more...like upload the stdlog file that leads to

this error. Thanks _Chi