CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Knowledge Comment Type - Time to Complete

Posted Oct 18, 2017 12:04 PM

We're on SDM 14.1.02 and are currently looking at implementing knowledge management.  I noticed in the Knowledge Comment Types there is a field called Time to Complete.  I've looked at the documentation for Comment Types, linked below, and cannot find anything that says what this specifically does if anything.  Are there notifications or alerts triggered if the comment follow up is not closed in the number of days specified here or is there some other action that takes place after the number of days specified?

Define Comment Types - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Knowledge Comment Type - Time to Complete

Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:31 PM

Hi Andrea,

I believe you can set up follow up comment notifications, but I dont beleive that there are any out of the box triggers for the time-frame part.  I think you can probably add site defined conditions to handle that using multiple-notification macros probably, but its not something that I have info on. If you would like I can certainly reach out to some folks in product management to get an understanding of what is available.  Can you give me a full use case for what you are looking to do?

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Knowledge Comment Type - Time to Complete

Posted Oct 18, 2017 02:50 PM

Hi Jon,

It's not that we're looking to do anything specific, we're just trying to understand what it already does.  There's this field on the comment type so it must actually cause some action or mean something in the out of the box system or it wouldn't be there.  We just want to understand what putting a value in this field will cause SDM to do and we're not finding any documentation that provides that information.  If it's just for information to let the knowledge document owner know how long they have to complete the follow up and it's included in a notification or presented on the screen, that's fine. We would just like to know it's purpose / what it does if anything.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Knowledge Comment Type - Time to Complete
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 03:16 PM

Hi Andrea,

"Time to complete" is a date field to trigger the computation of the knowledge analyst work order. Let me explain

here...when a comment is logged, if the comment type is "general comment", this comment will show up in the KT document "comments" session right away; if the comment type is not "general comment"(like "incorrect information", "missing information" etc) , then a "notification" will automatically send to the document owner thru the scoreboard node

knowledge documents->follow-up comments->my follow-up comments->Open, with the "target date" computed as

now+"time to complete" from the comment type(3 days, 7 days etc), this way the knowledge manager/analyst can work on the comments in this node according to the "target date" of the comments and once the comment is closed, it is considered a closed comment and will move to the "Close" node of the KT manager/analyst. This is basically how the "time to compete" is used but unfortunately I couldn't find any doc explain this usage. And from what I said here you can see there is no email notifications so far and if you want email notifications for the comment's lift cycle, you can use

Follow-up Comment closed

New Follow-up Comment

Follow-up Comment assigned

activity notifications. These activity notifications are self explained.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Chi

PS. as there is no public doc on this I am going write a new one

• 5.  Re: Knowledge Comment Type - Time to Complete

Posted Oct 18, 2017 03:18 PM

Thanks!  That's exactly what I needed to know.

• 6.  Re: Knowledge Comment Type - Time to Complete

Posted Oct 18, 2017 03:47 PM

Thanks Chi_Chen!

Would you be able to share the document link here once you create it?

Thanks!!!

Jon

• 7.  Re: Knowledge Comment Type - Time to Complete

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2017 09:36 AM