CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  soap communication with 3rd party application

Posted Sep 18, 2017 09:35 AM

Hi Team,

in a SDM 14.1.01 installation I have to create a ticket in a 3rd party ticket-system when an Incident in SDM is created.
    The communication is done via soap and a dedicated XML-Structure must be used. As far as I know in this case PAM delivered with SDM has to be licensed additionally. Is it also possible to communicate with a 3rd party software via soap directly in SDM?
    Regards
       Baerbel 

• 2.  Re: soap communication with 3rd party application

Posted Sep 18, 2017 09:47 AM

Hi Baebel,

ITPAM is part of the embedded products for Service Desk. As far as I know you do not need any additional licensing to use it.

If for some other reason other than the perceived ITPAM licensing issues, you could call a 'remote reference' which could invoke a 3rd party tool via a command line style method via 'launchit'

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: soap communication with 3rd party application
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2017 04:20 PM

Hi Baerbel,

As Brian mentioned there is no additional licensing needed for CA PAM.  Aside from that, SDM does not have the ability to do outgoing web services calls, but as Brian mentioned, you can set it to use notifications to kick of a remote reference which can call a batch file etc. to launch a web services app to do something based on the notification file created.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: soap communication with 3rd party application

Posted Sep 19, 2017 03:42 AM

Hi Brian, Hi Jon,

thank you for your answers, I will test it and decide what is the best solution for the customer.

Regards
       Baerbel

• 5.  Re: soap communication with 3rd party application

Posted Sep 20, 2017 08:19 AM

Hi Brian, Hi Jon,

it seems to be a bit complicated for me to write a new soap operator in PAM, I'm not an expert.
    Using a remote reference means you need a utility to create the xml structure an send the soap request to the

third party ticket system. Do you know such a tool and can give me perhaps an example?

Thanks

Baerbel