CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to display the formatted value of a duration field in the log tab?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 08:39 AM

Hello people,

I created a field of the duration type (XX:XX:XX) in the cr object. When this field is changed, the value saved in the log tab is a number value and not the value that was changed in the format XX: XX: XX.

How do I get the system to display the format value, such as XX:XX:XX? Because, the numeric value as shown no provide information to the users.. 

Regards, 

Rafael

• 2.  Re: How to display the formatted value of a duration field in the log tab?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 10:33 AM

Hi Rafael,

I think the best bet on this would be to look at another time field in web screen painter and see how its set up.  We store dates/times in Epoch/Unix format, which is an integer and not a typical timestamp.   Unfortunately this type of customization is out of the scope of support, so I cannot really assist from a support standpoint but there may be other folks that can share some info with you out here in the community

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How to display the formatted value of a duration field in the log tab?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 02:44 PM

Hi Jon_Israel, thanks for contribution!!

I've checked the native fields of duration type , and they also save the value with integer and not in hours, minutes, and seconds. I imagine that the value in HH: MM: SS would be more presentable and informative to the user. Let's wait and see if anyone has any idea what can be done!

Grateful.

Rafael