CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Change Wording of Options on Page Options for KT Documents

Posted Apr 11, 2017 10:13 AM

How do we change some of the wording of the options in the Page Options section? For example, instead of "New Request", we would like it to say something else. We also only want to change it for the Employee role. We are using version 12.6.

• 2.  Re: Change Wording of Options on Page Options for KT Documents

Posted Apr 12, 2017 08:04 AM

Hi Laura,

This can be done by editing the knowledge display form by using web screen painter (WSP) to update the form.  Then using WSP you would publish the updated version of the form.  

For information about using WSP, see this section of the documentation:

How to Modify the Web Interface using Web Screen Painter - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Additionally as a side note, I noticed you mentioned you are on SDM 12.6.  Please note that this version of the product is no longer supported at this time.  We recommend that you upgrade to the latest supported release of the product as soon as possible, which is 14.1.03.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Change Wording of Options on Page Options for KT Documents

Posted Apr 12, 2017 01:29 PM

When I check the script for the kt_document_options.htmpl page in Web Screen Painter, I see that it references the JavaScript for "m_n_TicketType", instead of stating the "New Request" text. When I attempted to alter the JavaScript by including alterations in the sitemods.js file, I end up seeing "Undefined" as an option instead. 

• 4.  Re: Change Wording of Options on Page Options for KT Documents
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 13, 2017 11:33 AM

I now got this working. This is what I did:

- I copied the "kt_document_options.htmpl" file to the Employee folder.

- In the file, I commented out this line (approximately line #878): "document.writeln(m_OpenTicketText);"

- Replaced that line with: "document.writeln("new text here");

- Also commented out this line and replaced it: "document.writeln(m_OpenTicketBasedOnDocText);"