CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to get the Group and Users of Service Catalog to PAM

Posted May 23, 2016 10:31 AM

Hello,

CA Service Catalog 12.9

CA PAM 4.3

developing a Approval workflow in PAM for Service Catalog request, Can some one help on how to get the users and groups from catalog to PAM.

we have around 6 condition based group approval and manager approvals.

any suggestions will help

Regards,

Venkat

• 2.  Re: How to get the Group and Users of Service Catalog to PAM

Posted May 23, 2016 03:26 PM

First of all, PAM does not maintain a list of users or groups.

I assume you are planning to make use of the "Assign User Task" operator. The "Assignees" (Users or Groups) for that operator must exist in EEM.

• 3.  Re: How to get the Group and Users of Service Catalog to PAM

Posted May 24, 2016 05:46 AM

EEM in place, all the contacts and groups are coming from EEM to catalog.

i would like to use "assignPendingAction" Method as per its definition it assign  approval task to particular group or contacts.

so my query is here is there any web service method or any procedure to get the group or contact list.

note: the group or contact information are not available in request form.

• 4.  Re: How to get the Group and Users of Service Catalog to PAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 08:51 AM

Moved this to the Service Management community as these are Catalog API questions.

• 5.  Re: How to get the Group and Users of Service Catalog to PAM

Posted May 24, 2016 09:07 AM

I still find your question a little confusing.

As you know, in the assignPendingAction method there is a parameter pendingActionUsersorGroups. This parameter is a semicolon separated list of userids/groupids. Each userid/groupid is the "Principal Name" you see when looking at a user or group in EEM.

Groups themselves do not exist in Service Catalog. In Service Catalog the only way you can make use of groups is by creating them in EEM which then show up in user profiles as read-only data.

In the Service Catalog Web Services API there is the getAllUsers method in the User Web Service. There is no method for getting all the groups because, again, groups do not exist in Service Catalog.

My confusion on your query is, "Do you not know which user or group you want to assign the action?"

• 6.  Re: How to get the Group and Users of Service Catalog to PAM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 11:42 AM

Hi Venkat,

You may find the Catalog web services API documentation in the Catalog Web interface as below

Log to Catalog UI - Administration - Tools - Links - 'Web Services API' link

The above link will invokes the API documentation for USM Web Services.

You can select the closest matching web services method for your requirement and get your result set.