CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Export from search for Knowledge Documents?

Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:32 PM

Me again with another question about the Knowledge portion of SDM 12.7. Is it possible to export search results from the Knowledge tab? Anything? At all? Pretty much I search for KDs that have specific references, and when I get 100+ hits on a search , it's sort of irritating that I have to copy/paste results page-by-page (because, of course, there's no View All option, either for some unknown reason).  Oh, and it doesn't give me an exact # of returns when it hits triple digits, either; just 100+ or whatever.

Is it *supposed* to function (or, in this case, NOT function) that way?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Export from search for Knowledge Documents?

Posted Jul 21, 2016 02:46 PM

Hi Karen,

I have moved your question from the water cooler to the CA Service Management community in order to help you get an answer from the right audience.

Have a great day,

-Chris

• 3.  Re: Export from search for Knowledge Documents?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2016 11:54 PM

Hello Karen,

It is not possible to Export Search Results from the Knowledge tab. You may log an Idea for this here in this Community and link to this post if you'd like that considered.

I would look at:

• Can the Knowledge be filtered further?
      There are a lot of filters that can be applied. Users typically stop looking at results a few after the first page.

• Is the Knowledge stored correctly?
      Are all of the keywords present, relevant information in fields?
      Could a knowledge tree be built to guide users to the right results?

• Is there another way into the Knowledge data?
      Instead of using the Knowledge Tab, could you get to the data another way?
      BOXI report, Federated Search (point Google at the knowledge), pdm_extract, SQL query etc.

You might (might) also be able to add a customisation to add an Export button, but I couldn't begin to tell you how that might work.

I'd definitely consider the above options first before considering that.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: Export from search for Knowledge Documents?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2016 12:20 AM

Hi Karen,

You could also try using the browsers Print function. Right click on the knowledge result page and select 'Print Form list_KD.htmpl...'. In Chrome, you get the print dialog and can change the destination and one of the options is 'Save as PDF'. This gives you a nicely formatted pdf file with the results of your search (the first 100 anyway).

Hope that this helps

Gordon.

• 5.  Re: Export from search for Knowledge Documents?

Posted Jul 25, 2016 03:06 PM

Hi karen.misconish - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!