CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Clear category after field change

• 1.  Clear category after field change

Posted 05-25-2016 05:15 PM

Please your help.

We're using xfer_esc_cr.htmpl to modify a dtlDropdown custom field value. But we need to reset category attribute  to empty or to a specific value if this custom dtlDropdown field is updated (onChange event).

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

JOHN

• 2.  Re: Clear category after field change

Posted 05-26-2016 08:31 AM

Hi John,

I believe you may be able to accomplish this by using an event and action macro.  The event would detect an update to the field that you are changing, and then the action macro can set the category to something specific (it would have to be static though - meaning a single value can be used all the time - there is no functionality to do dependencies or anything).   I have not attempted to do something like this myself as its typically not within the scope of support to configure this type of thing for a customer, so I cant say for sure that its 100% possible, BUT, given the functionality of the application, in theory, it should be.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Clear category after field change

Posted 05-27-2016 08:19 AM

Hi Johnv,

Have you be able to try the proposed solution from Jon Israel ?

Let us know if you came around your problem or still need help to go there

/J

• 4.  Re: Clear category after field change

Posted 06-01-2016 04:51 PM

Thanks for your suggestion. Using activity and event i can detect modifications, but there is no actoin to set category to null or blank. i think i need to modify default actions. So i still searching for this.

Any other suggestions are welcome, in any case, when i have news I will comment.

Regards,

JOHN

• 5.  Re: Clear category after field change

Posted 12-22-2016 07:41 AM

Hi,

did you finally came around this?

It seems, you was on the right path and the remaining was to create your own action macro.

Let us know

/J