CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 23, 2017 04:08 AM

As we know , dtlDate macro displays the field as a textbox along with a popup calendar for entering the date and time. 

When we click on the date and time , the format in which it is selects is in the format DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM am/pm . How can we customize this so that the format is DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM (ie. 24 Hour Format ).

• 2.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 23, 2017 07:55 AM

Also , since it is a property i guess the datatype cannot be changed . In that case , what are the other options to remove am/pm since we dont want to remove it everytime manually. 

• 3.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 23, 2017 07:58 AM

Hi 

There us a 24-Hour Check box at the bottom of the Date Selector

When that checkbox is set, the time shows in 24 hour format. Is this what you are querying?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 23, 2017 08:13 AM

Hi Brian , 

We tried using this but once you set the time say 23:00 , the time that comes in the textbox is 11:00 pm . We want to display 23:00 as it is.

Kindly help.

• 5.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 23, 2017 08:19 AM

Have a look at the web.cfg file and look for 'DateFormat'. See if changing the format there helps?

• 6.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 24, 2017 01:18 AM

Here , Even if we tick the 24 hour format , the time that is displayed in the textbox is in the format DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM am/pm . On saving , the error 'bad date or bad date format' comes and the ticket doesnt get saved . If we remove am/pm it works fine and the ticket gets saved without any error . 

• 7.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 24, 2017 03:03 AM

Hi Sanketkumar,

Please log a formal support case for further investigation as I suspect this to be bug.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 8.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 24, 2017 04:26 AM

Hi,

as far as I know, the date format can be adjusted in the web.cfg file in bopcfg/www directory.

search for DateFormat and adjust accordingly. This will at least have influence on the format of displayed date values

Kind regards

..............Michael

• 9.  Re: how to customize dtlDate in web screen painter

Posted Jan 24, 2017 07:59 AM

Hi Sanketkumar,

Did you make changes to the web.cfg as by myself and Michael_Mueller ?

Kind Regards,

Brian