CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Create boxi report from derived universe

Posted Feb 11, 2016 07:09 AM

Hi Team,

We are using boxi 3.3 and we have created a CA Derived Universe. We have also published some custom fields in CA Derived Universe. Now we want to create reports using  Web Intelligence Rich Client. The reports should contain fields from default universe (CA Service Desk Universe) and derived universe(CA Derived Universe) both. How can we do that? Please help

If any documentation is available, please refer me as well.

Thanks

Manirul

• 2.  Re: Create boxi report from derived universe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 07:34 AM

Manirul,

If the Derived Universe was created by creating a New Universe and linking into the default CA Service Desk Universe,  then all you need is to create your report against the Derived universe.   This will show any new content added into your derived universe and out of the box content in the default universe.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec485863.aspx

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec485859.aspx

_R

• 3.  Re: Create boxi report from derived universe

Posted Feb 11, 2016 07:45 AM

Hi Raghu,

I got your point. So basically if I want to create reports which has fields from derived universe,I need to use derived universe.

As for example, I want to use 5 fields from default universe and 2 fields from derived universe, I have to use derived universe when creating the reports.

Here a quick question, what I saw in derived universe is, all the fields of default universe are also available in derived universe but the fields are faded, can I use these faded fields(fields from default universe) from derived universe?

Thanks Raghu.Rudraraju

Manirul

• 4.  Re: Create boxi report from derived universe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 07:49 AM

That is expected behavior.  Default universe fields become read only in the Derived universe. 

_R

• 5.  Re: Create boxi report from derived universe

Posted Feb 11, 2016 07:56 AM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju

I got the following error when I tried to create reports from derived universe.

Thanks

Manirul

• 6.  Re: Create boxi report from derived universe

Posted Feb 11, 2016 08:15 AM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju,

The universe not found error gone. As the derived universe was open in Designer, I guess that was the reason. When I closed the designer and universe, I could use it now for creating reports.

One more question, can I change data source from default to derived. We have some reports which are using default universe(CA Service Desk Universe) but we want to use some fields from derived universe. So can we change the universe for the existing reports?

The reason I am asking, We have migrated reports from boxi 3.1 to 3.3 and some of the fields were added in default universe mistakenly from customer side and the reports were working fine then. but as the default universe is upgraded to 12.9 from 12.7, those custom fields are gone from default universe. We have now created those fields and want to use in the reports. So can we use derived universe replacing the default universe for some reports?

Thanks

Manirul

• 7.  Re: Create boxi report from derived universe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 09:34 AM

Both WEBI and Crystal do allow you to change a Query's data source (from default universe) to point to another universe (in this case, the derived universe).

You may get a prompt to re-map existing objects on each query from old universe to the new universe, but it should work.

_R