CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to modify the Employee scoreboard texts?

Posted Sep 07, 2016 09:19 AM

Hi,

SDM 14.1.3

In Employee interface, I want to modify the text "You have 0 Open Requests" to "Your store has 0 Open Requests" for a particular role

I found that the word "You have" is defined in msg_cat.js file. I changed the text "You have" to "Your store has". It works fine.

But it is changed to all Employee role. I want this change should be for one particular role.

I have found that cst_fldrtree.js file is involved in this to define the IF condition.

Please help me on how to write if condition in cst_fldrtree.js file to check the current role to modify the text to "Your store has"

Thanks,

-Saravana

• 2.  Re: How to modify the Employee scoreboard texts?

Posted Sep 07, 2016 11:51 AM

Hi Saravana,

It's possible by costumization. You know web engine convert htmpl files to html file at run time, You can look the html codes for scoreboard via f12 consoles of browsers.

You can manupilate or change <A> tag contents of scoreboard links by jquery codes.

Your codes be in following code block;

<pdm_if "$session.role_id" == "10005">
    jquery or javascript codes...
    </pdm_if>

jquery.js file is required for jquery codes running. You can download the latest version for this file at http://jquery.com site

I hope it's help you

Regards,

Türker

• 3.  Re: How to modify the Employee scoreboard texts?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2016 12:20 PM

Hi,

you can try to create copy of msg_cat.js file and name it msg_cat_stores.js for example,

which should contain specified messages,

then you can include it using condition:

<PDM_IF $SESSION.ROLE_ID == 10005>
    <PDM_JSCRIPT file=msg_cat_stores.js>
    </PDM_IF>

or use regular:

<script src="$CAisd/scripts/msg_cat_stores.js"></script>

if PDM_JSCRIPT willn't work.

Regards,

cdtj

• 4.  Re: How to modify the Employee scoreboard texts?

Posted Sep 08, 2016 10:43 AM

Thank you Turker/Cdtj.

<script src="$CAisd/scripts/msg_cat_stores.js"></script>

is worked for me

Thanks a lot

-Saravana

• 5.  Re: How to modify the Employee scoreboard texts?

Posted Sep 08, 2016 04:16 PM

You can even resolve in this way:

1. define a specific Group form (i.e. MyEmployee) and associate that Group Form with the role you need to change scoreboard
    2. Copy the msg_CAt.js file in the group form folder ($NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\wwwroot\scripts\MyEmployee) and change the message
    3. If needed refresh the web cache

It works without changing any form file and without referring specific role codes in you htmpl (sometimes codes are different between test and production environment).

Regards,

Emanuele

• 6.  Re: How to modify the Employee scoreboard texts?

Posted Oct 24, 2016 01:21 PM

Hi there, can you please remove the 'CA Services News' tag on this content. It is resulting in this content being pulled into the top level news section of the CA Services Forum and is a tag meant only for Services Marketing. Thank you!