CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to update custom field on grpmem similar to manager_flag

Posted Mar 16, 2016 06:40 AM

I created a custom field zupdate on grpmem object which is same as manager_flag and trying to update the value to database. I updated list_grpmem.htmpl and update_lrel.js files accordingly. But it is not working.

Please help me if any other files to updated with this new field.

• 2.  Re: How to update custom field on grpmem similar to manager_flag

Posted Mar 30, 2016 06:03 AM

Any update on this?

• 3.  Re: How to update custom field on grpmem similar to manager_flag

Posted Mar 30, 2016 02:07 PM

Any ideas here for this one?

Saravanakumar Kumbalingam wrote:

I created a custom field zupdate on grpmem object which is same as manager_flag and trying to update the value to database. I updated list_grpmem.htmpl and update_lrel.js files accordingly. But it is not working.

Please help me if any other files to updated with this new field.

• 4.  RE: Re: How to update custom field on grpmem similar to manager_flag

Posted Jun 25, 2019 02:31 PM
    Im having the same problem while trying to access the 'grpmem' object via Pam / soap API and running into problems. Its like the latest version of SDM is no longer supporting access into the 'grpmem' object. Opening a Case.

• 5.  RE: How to update custom field on grpmem similar to manager_flag

Posted Oct 28, 2021 09:27 AM
    Hello,
    I have the same problem. I have created the new field in the 'grpmem' object and updated the same files: update_lrel.js and list_grpmem.htmpl.
    Everything seems to work fine except saving the changes made to the new field.

Checking the code, there is a function inside the 'update_lrel.js' file that is in charge of obtaining the changes made in the checks and creating a url that is in charge of updating the database.

The function is ...
    members.prototype.update_flags = function ()

and almost at the end of that function, the url that I was commenting is created ...

var query_str = cfgCgi + "?SID=" + cfgSID + "+FID=" + fid_generator() +
    "+OP=UPDATE_MEMBER_FLAGS+FACTORY=grpmem+group_persid=" +
    this.group_persid +
    "+m_on_list=" + m_on_list +
    "+m_off_list=" + m_off_list +
    "+n_on_list=" + n_on_list +
    "+n_off_list=" + n_off_list +
    "+a_on_list=" + a_on_list +
    "+a_off_list=" + a_off_list +
    "+rprin_on_list=" + rprin_on_list +
    "+rprin_off_list=" + rprin_off_list;

In that URL appears the operation OP=UPDATE_MEMBER_FLAGS. This function appears in the file 'op_table.cfg'. In that file we can find the operation and the name of the spel function that is in charge of processing the request (update_member_flags). However, the code doesn't appear.

I think that if We found where the code for that function is, it could be modified to add the necessary code to save the new fields. The problem is that I've not been able to find the code for that function, and I have done a search in the full CA SDM directory.

Anyone know where the code for the SPEL function 'update_member_flags' is located and if it can be modified?

Greetings.

• 6.  RE: How to update custom field on grpmem similar to manager_flag

Posted Oct 29, 2021 02:33 AM
    Hi Domingo Andres
    Bad news:
    So far your findings are well done.
    Unfortunately, the operation UPDATE_MEMBER_FLAGS is implemented in the encrypted spel code file freeaccess.spl.
    As far as I am aware there is no site exit in this function, and because its encrypted, there is no chance to get its source code, hence , there is no chance to adopt/expand this function with your own logic.
    So, the only chance I see, is to change the grpmem records after they have been saved by UPDATE_MEMBER_FLAGS.
    Kind regards
    ...Michael

• 7.  RE: How to update custom field on grpmem similar to manager_flag

Posted Oct 29, 2021 03:07 AM
    Hi Michael,
    clear as water! 
    Thank you so much.