CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  TIPS to move knowledge from v12.1 to v14.1??

Posted Nov 11, 2016 07:35 AM

Somebody can help with tips to how to move knowledge content from 12.1 to 14.1 ???

wich is the better way to do it?

• 2.  Re: TIPS to move knowledge from v12.1 to v14.1??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 07:55 AM

Fabian...........

Because of the changes in MDB schemas, it is not recommend or supported to move KT data between 12.x and 14.x environments.

The recommended approach is to upgrade the 12.x environment to 14.x and then use the pdm_ket/pdm_kit utilities to move the KT data between environments.

• 3.  Re: TIPS to move knowledge from v12.1 to v14.1??

Posted Nov 11, 2016 08:45 AM

Hi Fabian,

You would have to do a knowledge export (via the GUI) from 12.1, which will create a "package".  You would then copy that package over to the 14.1 environment, and then import it into 14.1.  Now the challenges with doing something like this are that the pgroups (groups) may be different in the two systems, and thus things wont match up for permissions to work properly.  So this is definitely something to test fully in a test system first.

Here is a link to some information about knowledge export and import: https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/knowledge-management/administering-knowledge-management/how-to-export-import-knowledge-documents 

That should help.

Regards,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: TIPS to move knowledge from v12.1 to v14.1??

Posted Nov 11, 2016 09:23 AM

I think that GUI tool is not available in this version.

• 5.  Re: TIPS to move knowledge from v12.1 to v14.1??

Posted Nov 11, 2016 10:51 AM

Ah yes that was introduced in 12.5 or 12.6     In your case, you would need to upgrade that 12.1 system first (or make a clone of it and then upgrade it), and then do the export.  I dont believe there is any other supported way to do it unfortunately.

Jon