CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

• 1.  Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Posted Jan 02, 2017 10:56 AM

We are trying to add the Resolution comment from the SD ticket to the sc related request as a note. We are wondering how to do it though IT PAM. I think we should do it though the Select Operator but not sure how to take that comment from the SD RE activity. Does anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks!!

• 2.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Posted Jan 03, 2017 06:29 AM

Hi,

You will mostly need several web service call but definitively possible with a doselect on the act_log object with the correct where clause.

You will need to consider in your call that you may return more than one value an decide the one you want to consider (first one/lastone etc)

hope this help

/J

• 3.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:07 AM

Good Afternoon Hernan.

First, I want to wish you a Happy New Year.

And then, in answering your question, please check the following.
    It appears that you need a full license agreement for the CA process Automation product, in order to allow you to design your own PA-Processes, should you decide to use PA for this.

An option could then be(as mentioned by Jerome too), to make use of 'WSDL'/web services methods, to retrieve data from the SD-Ticket and add that as a 'note' to an SC-Request.

Another option could be, that you copy and paste the 'resolution comment' through an 'Activities'>'Log Comment' in the SD-Ticket.
    To get that automatically synchronized with the related SC-request.

Please check the above and let me know your findings. Thanks and kind regards, Louis. van Amelsfort.

• 4.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Posted Jan 03, 2017 06:21 PM

Hi Louis,

Are you saying in number 1 that the license for Process Automation that comes with Service Management only allows you to use the CA provided processes and you cannot have your own processes that interact with Service Desk and Service Catalog unless you purchase separate full Process Automation licenses? That does not seem correct to me. Would you please verify that?

Cheers,

Lindsay

• 5.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 01:55 AM

Good Morning Lindsay.

Based on this community thread, I indeed did verify this internally with the CA Process Automation(PA) Manager.

And this is what he confirmed:

When you wish to design your own 'customer content' using CA Process Auto workflow capability, 
    you then to acquire a full CA Process Automation license to use the complete programming capability of Process Automation,
    in addition to (on top of) the embedded entitlement license that you currently have,
    which only gives you access to the CA Service Catalog(SC) and/or CA Service Desk Manager(SDM) OOTB PA workflows.

Another important note to add is the below:
    If you modify the OOTB content yourselves, you are not entitled to any support for any changes you have made to that pre-configured content.
    Additionally, your contract does NOT entitle you to use the OOTB programming capability of CA Process Automation for any other purpose than the OOTB SC/SDM-PA workflows.  

Thanks in advance for your understanding and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 6.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Posted Jan 04, 2017 08:10 AM

Hi Louis,

I think you need to reach a little higher in product management to verify this.

Service Desk and Service Catalog used to have a component called Advanced Workflow. Over the past few years CA replaced that component with Process Automation (a superior tool in all aspects). With Advanced Workflow a customer could design their own processes that interacted with Service Desk and Service Catalog. CA encouraged their customers to re-implement those processes in Process Automation as the roadmap was to retire Advanced Workflow so that it would no longer be in the newer versions of the product.

I think that most of CA's Service Management customers would be surprised to learn that they are violating the license agreement by creating their own workflows without buying a separate Process Automation license.

Cheers,

Lindsay

• 7.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Posted Jan 04, 2017 08:26 AM

Hi Louis, Lindsay,

I completely agree with Lindsay here and will require strong clarification.

This is clearly not our understanding  of the SPD for Service desk manager (V2.0 Product SPD).

My reading of the entitlement is you can use PAM and design any process as soon this remain in the context of workflows associated with SDM.

Otherwise what will be the point to also provide  agents and custom operator entitlement as any of the provided OOTB process do have an use of it.

/J

• 8.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 10:26 AM

Louis_van_Amelsfort, hernanlo_, Lindsay_Estabrooks, jmayer -

You are entitled to create "content" within Process Automation for the CA Service Management suite. The entitlement for CA Process Management for Workflows License as detailed below:

CA Process Management for Workflows License includes: unlimited Orchestrators, five Agents, and three Custom Operators. No Premium connectors are available for purchase with this license. The only CA product connectors that are available are those associated with the product(s) providing the entitlement. This is a limited use entitlement and its use is restricted to the context of Workflows associated with the CA product(s) providing the entitlement. The component limits are not cumulative across multiple instances of the license at any individual customer.

Additional details about usage and limitations is documented here:  http://www3.ca.com/us/~/media/Files/Licensing/us-product-spd-ca-serv-mgt-serv-desk-mgr-package-0106-2015.pdf .

If there are concerns about your alignment with the entitlement, please reach out to your account team for further discussions.

Regards,

Carol

• 9.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request

Posted Jan 04, 2017 11:01 AM

Thanks for the clarification Carol. I'm sure the community appreciates it.

• 10.  Re: Add SD ticket Resolution comment to SC related request
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2017 12:17 PM

Thanks a lot for the ideas, they are close to what i have done to resolve it.

I added to my process a Database operator to do the following: 

"select top(1) description
    from chgalg
    where change_id=_chgid_ AND TYPE='RE' ORDER BY id desc;"

Then that DB result i inserted it into the SC request as a note with a PAM SOAP operator.

That worked for me!