CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

SDM App Configurability

• 1.  SDM App Configurability

Posted 11-11-2015 09:06 PM

Hi,

We have a client who wants to know at what grade we can customize the app for SDM. Does anyone know if there is a document or some information regarding this?

They also would like to integrate with Uber, we are still working with the specs. It is a big client and they asked if we could develop some customization particullarly for them in case these configurations are not possible.

Regards

• 2.  Re: SDM App Configurability

Posted 11-12-2015 08:34 AM

Hi Larlu01,

The term "customize" can mean a lot of things.  Would you be able to give us some specifics on what you are looking for here?  What types of customizations are you looking to do within the product?   There are two main types of customizations that are supported, and those are (1) adding db tables/fields to the schema, and (2) customizing the forms such as adding yfew fields to the forms.  There are many types of unsupported customizations that folks do as well which are things like spelcode, which add or change actual functions within the product - basically adding behavior or changing existing behavior.  The key to keep in mind is that when customizing the product, any time the customer applies a patch that delivers updated files, or whenever they upgrade the product to a new version, the customer is responsible to rebuild those customizations based on the updated files. CA Support cannot assist with rebuilding customization problems that occur due to patches and upgrades.

Now as for integrating with Uber, can you give us an idea on specifically what you are looking to do?  What is it that you want Service Desk to do in regards to its interaction with Uber - and/or what is it that you want Uber to be able to do in regards to its interaction with Service Desk?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: SDM App Configurability

Posted 11-12-2015 01:40 PM

Hello Jon,

They want to customize forms and service catalogs. Are tickets forms configurable? I am almost sure that this is possible but they also want to customize the look & feel of the app. They want to change colors, logos, etc. and i am not quite sure if this is possible.

For uber they would like to have a service for transportation that when requested, integrates somehow with uber and requests for a Taxi in an specific location.

Thank you for the answer.

Regards

• 4.  Re: SDM App Configurability

Posted 11-12-2015 04:21 PM

Hi Larlu01,

So for the first part - Yes, you can change colors, logos etc. however it should be done with caution as keep in mind the customer is repsonsible to maintain those customized forms through patches and upgrades. Additonally, CA Support is not able to assist with or perform any customization work FOR the customer - the customer must read the documentation and do it on their own using Web Screen Painter.  Customizations are outside the scope of support and are handled by a CA Services engagement if a customer needs customizations done for them that they are unable to do on their own.  As for Uber wanting a service for transportation and that somehow interacting with their systems, I dont know if that will work, but I cant speak for services as that would be on the CA Service Catalog side and not on the SDM side.  I am guessing it could be done using CA PAM probably, but I am not sure as we dont know the specifics of what they want it to do. Without knowing that, there is no way for us to give you an idea on that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: SDM App Configurability

Posted 11-23-2015 11:34 AM

Thanks for the reply Jon,

The client wants to modify forms, colors and logo in the app. Is this possible through WSP as well?

Regards