CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Notification for Assigned Workflow Tasks

Posted May 17, 2016 03:35 PM

Does anyone know of a way to generate a notification to an Assignee of a workflow task without having a pre-defined multiple notification action in a workflow?  We recently upgraded to SDM 14.1.02 and now have the ability to leverage Classic Workflow for Incidents and Requests.  I can create an Incident Area with pre-defined workflow tasks and everything works great, however, we'd like to be able to insert a task into an incident or request with an Area that does not have a pre-defined workflow and have it generate a notification to the task Assignee.  For example, if an Incident is assigned to Group A and they need Group B and Group C to assist in troubleshooting, tasks can be inserted for Groups B and C.  What I'm struggling to figure out is first, how to generate a notification to Groups B and C, and second, how to generate a notification back to Group A when the task has been completed.  This doesn't seem to be possible using an Activity Association, as there isn't an option for Workflow Task.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• 2.  Re: Notification for Assigned Workflow Tasks

Posted May 18, 2016 05:14 AM

an option can be to have this type od task already defined in your workflow with the necessary action and instruct users to insert that task from the template vs. a completely new.

e.g . if the task for group B/C is the same that the one from group A

you will add notify assignee/group action  to the intial task used for group A and instruct your user when inserting new tasks to select this template from category ... and define assignee/group B/C at the same time.

Capture.PNG

I think any others will require customization

Hope this help.

/J